Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KCB authentication error after KCB 7.3.1-5770 update
  •  
perennialdesign

Send a private message to this user
Merry Christmas!
I'm in the office upgrading our KCS from a PPC to a x86 and I've run into major problem with our KCB software.
After upgrading the KCB software to release 7.3.1-5770 to match our KCS, I immediately started seeing this error in the log and KCB will not connect to KCS:

-------------------------

[26/12/2011 16:55:12.844](5740){err}{communication} In SCProvider\Communicator.cpp:282 (Communicator::checkAndLogResult)
[#1] (1e6d) Exception of class HResultException: SCProvider\HttpConnection.cpp(114), HttpConnection::checkStatus:
0x80042011 KOFF_E_UNAUTHORIZED (Request info: Server Ping) (Response info: status = 401 Unauthorized)

[26/12/2011 16:55:12.844](6676){err}{mapi-interface} In StoreProvider\MSProviderImpl.cpp:449 (MSProviderImpl::Logon)
[#2] (1e6d) Exception of class HResultException: StoreProvider\MSProviderImpl.cpp(898), MSProviderImpl::setOnline:
0x80042011 KOFF_E_UNAUTHORIZED

---------------------------

When I launch the Profile Configuration Utility and test the connection I receive and error stating "Invalid login information" "0x80042011, Invalid username or password. Access denied"

I can assure you I haven't changed any of the KCS user information for the KCB account. I also tried re-creating the KCB account on our KCS just to rule out a corrupt profile conversion. It still wont connect.

Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations for us? I would like to get our BESx back online very soon.

Thank you...
  •  
KerioNL

perennialdesign wrote on Mon, 26 December 2011

Does anyone have any ideas or recommendations for us? I would like to get our BESx back online very soon.

Best way to get these issues solved is quickly

--> https://hostname:4040/admin/
--> [Contact Technical Support]
--> Make a support call

[Updated on: Tue, 27 December 2011 12:16]

•  
perennialdesign

This error is recurring dozens of times in the Security log after every reboot of Besx.
[26/Dec/2011 23:18:05] KBC: Attempt to login as BES administrator from
forbidden address 192.168.1.140

so is this...

We're also seeing this recurring error in the KCS debug log dozens of times after a reboot of BESx/KCB:

[26/Dec/2011 23:07:06][2985578496] {kbc} PROPFIND
/kbc/BESAdmin_7B20E6EA-71CE-48BC-B869-E735C94F0BB4/ received from remote
host='192.168.1.140', user-agent='Kerio Connector for BlackBerry 7.3.1.5770
T (BESAdmin_7B20E6EA-71CE-48BC-B869-E735C94F0BB4; BlackBerry Enterprise
Server 5.0.3.13 / BlackBerryAgent.exe 5.0.3.21; Windows NT 6.1)'
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Due to security reasons the login from Kerio Connector for Blackberry is restricted only to IP address of the server where the KCB has been configured. Ie. If you change the IP address of the server with BES, you need to reinstall KCB (or change the Connect configuration file while the server is stopped).
  •  
perennialdesign

I never changed the IP address if the BESx / KCB server. It's always been .140
  •  
perennialdesign

I just learned from the ticket response system Kerio is not accepting calls until January 3rd 2012? This is a critical issue for our company who heavily relies on BESx/KCB. Please help!!!
  •  
perennialdesign

Would Mac 10.7.2 Lion Server be the cause of the authentication errors?
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Can you attach your mailserver.cfg file to the ticket? I will review it. Thanks.
  •  
perennialdesign

I sent it to you in a private message.
  •  
perennialdesign

One other note... When I reinstalled KCS last night in order to resolved the KCB errors, the KCB Authentication error stopped, however I lost the HTTP (80) and HTTPS (443) Services on KCS. I ended up re-imaging the Mac Mini Server and running the kmsrecover tool with a full recovery to resolve the issue. However the KCB error still persists. I'm running low on fuel, forgive my lack of details...
  •  
perennialdesign

When I say the KCB error stopped, I mean it started with a new error stating it could not reach the KCS. Probably because port 443 was not available.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

perennialdesign wrote on Tue, 27 December 2011 15:26
When I say the KCB error stopped, I mean it started with a new error stating it could not reach the KCS. Probably because port 443 was not available.

I think you will find this KB article useful - http://kb.kerio.com/article/cannot-start-http-services-on-os -x-lion-server-636.html
On Lion, there are system services running on same ports and causing a conflict.
  •  
perennialdesign

After repairing the IP error in the maliserver.cfg the communication started between BESx and KCS.

Now however all my user handhelds are no longer connected. Here is the error in the Event viewer:

{John Doe} CompressEncrypt() failed - no encryption key or the key is not allowed

<Data>{John Doe} CompressEncrypt() failed - no encryption key or the key is not allowed</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

What a nightmare this upgrade has bee!. Anyone have any experience how to repair the encryption key errors without reactivating the handhelds? Mad
  •  
McIrish

How many Blackberries do you have on that BES server? I had problems with KCB when I got to 40 users. The KCB database became corrupted beyond repair. Most stressful three weeks of my life. Honestly. I have a support case open, but they have no ETA on a permanent solution.

There appears to be a possible problem with KCB 7.3 and 7.3.1. I ended up having to buy 60 licenses for Astrasync. Talk about losing face at a company. I'm still digging out of this pit.

I wish you the best. I will be watching this to see how you get it all working.
perennialdesign

After sending BES activation instructions to my users I was able to get half of them back online last week, and just finished the other half this morning. 18 total.

Honestly, your story scares the $hit out of me McIrish. My condolences. I read KCB can support up to 50 users but I guess every config is different.
What happens when you attempt to rebuild the KCB cache? Unsuccessful? How big were your cache files? Ours reached 21Gb prior to the 7.3 update when KCB was reset. Now they're 9GB.

Astrasync/Notifiysync is not an option for us, plus I would rather use Activesync with iPhone/Adndroid but the owners love their Crackberry's too much!
Previous Topic: Kerio Virtual appliance question
Next Topic: Most secure authentication method
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 22:45:03 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00526 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.