Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Input/Output Error?
  •  
88fingerslukee

Send a private message to this user
Anybody tell me what's going on here? I get this error every 10 seconds. I can't get any calls to go through. Not sure if they are related:

[28/Dec/2011 09:58:45] operator getty[XXXXX]: ttyS0: tcgetattr: Input/output error

Please help.
  •  
88fingerslukee

I'm also getting this:

NetworkManager: Failed to open /sys/class/net/eth1/device/vendor
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

What is your HW configuration?
  •  
88fingerslukee

Well, I'm using an old tower as a test setup. It's a Dell Dimensions C521 from 2004-ish. I'm working off a single NIC and everything is behind a single NAT Firewall. Anything specific that you'd like to know?

I figured out my call problems and everything works now (got it working with Telephonic), but I'm still getting those errors. From what I can tell they are harmless but I have no idea.

•  
grazman

You are not being specific enough with regard to the hardware being used. Look at your linux kernel version and compare that to the ethernet card your system uses. it sounds like it is a simple ethernet driver issue, and would not surprise me due to the age of the (hardware) platform you are running it on. sort of like trying to install linux on an IDE drive only machine these days...

BUT it might simply be a case of: did you rename the ethernet card from ETH1 to something else?
it could also be a permission error, but a log with a more verbose level would show this.
  •  
Walter Huff

i am getting the same error Operator getty[2833]: ttyS0: tcgetattr: Input/output error Operator 1.2 running in a VM in virtual box and about once a week the system hangs you can get and make calls but if you get a call and try to transfer it to an ext. the caller gets dead air til they hang up.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Walter,

The message about ttyS0 means that you do not have a serial port defined in your VirtualBox machine. When the message "hangs", are you able to log into the administration GUI?

Vladimir
  •  
Walter Huff

no you cant logon to the admin gui when it hangs
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Can you download the support information file from the System Health screen in admin GUI and send it to me at vtoncar [at] kerio [dot] com? The beginning of the file contains a fairly detailed description of the HW, so we can try to reproduce the issue.

Thanks,
Vladimir
  •  
pcunix

I don't have any serial in my virtual hardware.

Is there any reason NOT to

mount -o remount,rw /
comment out
#ttyS0::respawn:/sbin/getty -L 9600 ttyS0
in /etc/inittab
mount -o remount,ro /
kill -1 1

?

[Updated on: Mon, 16 April 2012 13:45]

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
  •  
Jakub Zeman (Kerio)

Hi,

disable ttyS0 in /etc/inettab might help.

Jakub
  •  
Eva

Dears,
I'm facing the same issue as it's registered in this topic:
ttyS0: tcgetattr: Input/output error

I have a virtual server hosted by provider and i have installed the latest version of Kerio Operator: 1.2.2. build 4568.

Could you please help me what to do at this case?

As i have the operating system Kerio (not in VMware) i don't understand how I can disable ttySO as proposed by Jakub.

Thanks for any help

Regards
Ea
  •  
pcunix

You don't have "Kerio" operating system. You have Kerio Operator installed on a Linux OS. Enable ssh (see other threads or the docs for that), and login.

Tony Lawrence
Kerio Preferred Partner and Reseller
Certified for Connect, Control
http://aplawrence.com
  •  
Eva

Tony,
thanks for the quick reply, I'll check this out. As I'm not familier with Linux so much, sorry for that kind of the basic questions Wink

Have a nice day
Eva Pavlikova
Previous Topic: BLF on Thomson phones
Next Topic: Incoming Calls Not Working
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 15:29:53 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00566 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.