Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Connect to EuroISDN
  •  
Markus Schnitzer

Send a private message to this user
How can I connect Operator with EuroISDN? Gateway?
  •  
grazman

you can use a ISDN BRI gateway properly configured (Patton) or a ISDN card compatible with asterisk.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Operator currently supports BRI using the Digium's B410P card.
  •  
Mars

Dear Vladimir,

Will the Digium's B410P euroISDN card work in windows (VMware) environment?

Kind regards,
Mars
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

It could work with a hypervisor that allows you to assign a card exclusively to a chosen virtual machine (ESX, ESXi, Xen). However this solution is quite fragile. It may work for you and then stop working when you add another PCI card or upgrade the hypervisor. This is why we recommend it for testing only.

Vladimir
  •  
Mars

Instead of using a Digium's B410P euroISDN card in Windows (VMware) environment, I choose to play safe and bought a Kerio box 3210. Digium B410P euroISDN card is recognized, but unfortunately can't get it work.

Are you familiar with settings of this card with Dutch telecom providor KPN? I can't get it work on their network, probably due to incorrect settings.

Please advise
  •  
Mars

Message shown:

[26/Oct/2012 13:39:31] asterisk[21530]: WARNING[21544]: sig_pri.c:6120 in pri_dchannel: PRI Error on span 1: Received MDL/TEI managemement message, but configured for mode other than PTMP!#012
[26/Oct/2012 13:39:33] asterisk[21530]: WARNING[21544]: sig_pri.c:1112 in pri_find_dchan: Span 1: D-channel is down!
  •  
ICT and Me

Mars, I advice you to take contact with your NL reseller where you bought the box.
Your NL reseller should know how to fix your problem.
Otherwise ask Kerio NL/BIT who can help you with this.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

'PTMP' stands for 'Point-to-MultiPoint'. The EuroISDN interface is in the 'Point-to-Point' mode by default so I guess switching it to PMTP should help.

Vladimir
  •  
Mars

Hi Vladimir,

Thank you for your post. I managed to get Dutch KPN ISDN provider (sometimes) working. KPN works with 9 digit contract telephone number instead of 10 digit telephone number. So of telephone number is 0301234567,than contract number is 301234567.

This afternoon, our office could not be reached by ISDN and I think it has something to do with line build out.

When taking ISDN cable out of ISDN card and reconnecting again, everything seemed to work fine for a while, but later on again unavailable. Now I set line build out to 399-533 feet (DSX-1) and seems to work fine.

I checked KerioNL/BIT helpdesk, but they couldn't give me advise about Kerio Operator B0x 3210 in combination with Digium B410P ISDN card. It would be very helpfull if someone could give me the correct settings for KPN:

Timing: now set to use as primary sync source
Line build out: now set to 399-533 feet (DSX-1)
Framing: now set to ccs
Coding:now set to ami
Signalling: now set to bri_cpe_ptmp

Please advise best settings.

Kind regards,
Mars
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

These settings seem to be correct for EuroISDN.

'bri_cpe_ptmp' denotes the Point-to-Multipoint mode. If it is not right, the line should work but you will see some complaints in the warning log.

The line buildout sets the expected impedance, and it may depend not only on the distance from the telco switch but on the cable quality as well.

Vladimir
Previous Topic: Kerio Operator 2.1.0 Beta 1 DHCP server
Next Topic: register pap2t and spa112
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Aug 22 07:15:30 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00514 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.