Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Deleted messages coming back? (Hundreds of pages of deleted messages come back suddenly)
  •  
Phaethar

Send a private message to this user
Had a weird issue this morning. A user who routinely cleans our her sent items folder came to me and said that hundreds of pages of sent items are suddenly all back in her folder. The only thing that she could think of that might have triggered something was doing a search of her sent items, looking for a specific email. She is unsure if all of the messages showed up right then or not.

This isn't the first time we've had lots of old messages come back. I've never been able to duplicate the issue, but it keeps popping up from time to time.

She (and all users) use Webmail. I'm not sure if she was using IE9 or Firefox 8 at the time. She runs Windows 7 pro.

We're running Kerio 7.2.0 patch 1 on a CentOS5 system. We'll be upgrading as soon as the Firefox 9 issue is fixed in Webmail, which is hopefully soon.

I've checked the logs on the server, and don't see any errors regarding indexing or anything. The only error I do see does mention message counts however:

httpserver.cpp: PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function wm1_getMessageCount() on a non-object in /opt/kerio/mailserver/web/webmail/linker/forceDelete.inc on line 210

Any chance that's related? Any idea on how to fix it?

Thanks!
  •  
McIrish

From my understanding, that type of thing was possible until 7.3, which adds some type of background reindexing which finds all the orphaned emails and reindexes them. Some people complained loudly on the forums after they upgraded and found quotas being exceeded due to the newly indexed mailbox.
  •  
Phaethar

I'd read about that, and thought about that at first when this happened. If it was just a few messages here and there, I could see this is being the case, but with so many messages (hundreds at least) showing up again, it seemed like it could be something else. Unless the indexing is that bad and there is potential for so many messages to be left orphaned.
  •  
Phaethar

Bumping an old thread, as this issue continues to occur. Happened again between the end of the day yesterday and this morning. Deleted items and sent items showed up again in a user's folders. These go back all the way. As in, back to when the user's account was created, which was years ago.

Nothing shows up in any Kerio or systems logs. I'm at a loss to explain it.

An interesting tidbit about this is that, when it happens, it seems to be on the 22nd of the month. At least, it's been that way the past couple times. And it's not every month. Seems to be every other, at least going back to last fall.

This is still all through Webmail only. We don't use any other client. This user runs Windows 7 Professional.

The server is running on CentOS5, and is running Kerio Connect 7.4.2.

I'm going to try and re-index this user's folders, hopefully tonight, to see if that helps. Any other thoughts on what else I can try?
Previous Topic: Updating BesX and KBC
Next Topic: 8.0.1 Update Message on Debian
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Sep 24 12:26:19 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00447 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.