Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Kerio Virtual appliance question
  •  
gornati

Send a private message to this user
Installed configured everything, with exception of DNS...

Our kerio virtual appliance apperas to be working ok, i can access the web-admin page, etc... but it seems it cant resolve names, i cant ping nothing from the server, i cant register the Virtual apllaince, it returns me a client server error, that cannot resolve register.kerio.com

How to configure DNS on those virtual applianceS?

Thanks
  •  
gornati

NOBODY?
Come on...
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

DNS setting is configured automatically from your DHCP server. If your DHCP server is not configured correctly, you may want to set up it manually in /etc/resolv.conf configuration file. You can find more information about setting DNS in Debian 6 in the Internet.
  •  
gornati

Thanks for the reply, we dont use DHCP only static IP address, as i am not experinced linux user, knowing just the basics, i did the instalation fairly easy, but it didnt asked me about the DNS settings, only IP, netmask and GATEWAY.

I would gladly accept a resolv.conf example, if possible.

Thanks again for the reply.
  •  
gornati

ok, i created a resolv.conf file and added the line

nameservers - 192.168.xxx.xxx

•  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

/etc/resolv.conf file should look like:
domain mydomain.local
search mydomain.local
nameserver 192.168.1.10

Where mydomain.local is a DNS suffix used in your network and 192.168.1.10 is an IP address of your DNS server.
Previous Topic: Snow leopard server and Kerio side by side
Next Topic: KCB authentication error after KCB 7.3.1-5770 update
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 17:10:30 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00426 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.