Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Blocking Social Networking Sites (Help me how to..)
  •  
Jury

Send a private message to this user
How can I block specific domain users, computers or IP Address to Social Networking Sites?

Please help. I'm new to Kerio Control. Thanks!
  •  
ICT and Me

Buy the webfilter! There is a category "Social media" to filter.
The webfilter can also be used for other sites to block. And the pricing is a lot cheaper than websense!

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Jury

Hi Good day!

Thank you for your reply. I know that I still have to buy Webfilter. The thing is that, I wanted to block internal computers/users and unblock guest that are not connected to a domain. They are just guest users that can access Social Networking sites. But for the employees with domain account I want them to block to Social Networking Sites.

How will I do that to Kerio Control?
  •  
ICT and Me

Webfilter has the option to work with source groups IP or with authication by domain (users/groups).
With just Control it isn't possible. Because you need to know every Social Networking server. And the webfilter service knows those servers.
We have similair setup at customersite. Office LAN/WLAN and Guest WLAN. The Office LAN/WLAN are filtered by webfilter and the guest WLAN has free access. No problem.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Jury

Okay.

Can I ask for tutorials on how to webfilter Office LAN/WLAN and Guest WLAN has free access?

I really have no idea on how to do it. I've been reading the admin guide, but no good for me.
  •  
ICT and Me

It ain't that hard to do.
You know where to create IP groups in Control?
Create a IP group for the guest wlan and a IP group for the office lan/wlan.
Goto configuration>content filter>http policy and make the rule webfilter with source IPgroup office to block
The webfilter options you configure in the same screen and rules. Choose the page ranking categories to block.
And for your guest WLAN you can make also a rule with several blockings if needed.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Jury

Hi ICT and Me!

I already create IP groups in Control.

My problem is, when I'm already at HTTP Policy and create a Webfilter Rule, there's no option about source IPgroup. The only options are users, not IP groups.
  •  
Jury

Hi ICT!

Never mind my question. I already get it.

One last question.

If we purchase Kerio Control with 5users - What does 5users mean?

These 5 users are the only one can be connected to firewall?

these 5 users are the only users that I can configure?

Or Only 5 users can be connected to Kerio Control. Others are neglected. Is that what it mean?
  •  
ICT and Me

5 usr. will mean 5 usr can be used for VPN client use or internet usage with authentication.
Every user can registrer 5 ip addresses. So technical you may have 5x5 IP numbers behind your firewall
This work for sure with private IP ranges. But public I not sure, because there is a topic about problems with this.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Higor

There is a traffic rule example at demo.kerio.com explaining how to block HTTPs - Twitter, Facebook, Google+ and imo.im.
  •  
KerioControl

No Message Body

[Updated on: Wed, 04 April 2012 21:43]

Previous Topic: Licensing Inquiry and Complaint
Next Topic: Urgently Need Some Help!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 23:59:28 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00684 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.