Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Locked Account?
  •  
bzeb

Send a private message to this user
i changed my password on my personal account today... been fine for awhile but realized it could use a change.

and ever since i get Apple Mail asking for my password and not accepting it. nonstop basically.

in the security log it says : "Attempt to POP3 login to locked account [my account]"

where/why is this account "locking" happening? is it configurable? and where? "Advanced Options" only had vaguery really. on/off.

i also cleared out ALL keychain items having to do with the server and any other references to my old password but continue to get this error after a few successful mail checks. restarted kerio. restarted mail. etc etc etc.

even changed it *again* and still the same deal.

never seen this before when changing a user password... so i am not sure what is up. but it is very annoying.

ideas?

iCal seems to use the new password just fine.

this is current Kerio and current Apple Mail in 10.7.
  •  
MarkK

The different channels in to Kerio can each one get locked out separately from the others, from what I have been told. If you look in your security log, you should see which one has been locked. You can do the unlock all accounts thing and that should clear it. You may want to also check to see if you have the locked-out timer set to.
  •  
bzeb

clearing it would work for 15 minutes or so. but then would get blocked again.

turning it off entirely made it stop being locked. but obviously i don't want to keep it that way.

the log only said : "Attempt to POP3 login to locked account [my account]"

but the password was absolutely quadrupley checked to be correct on my computer. all references to any and all previous passwords were deleted. yet it was still happening.
  •  
bzeb

ah yes. iPad and iPhone weren't updated yet. so between all three devices and 2 having the wrong passwords... and all coming from the same public IP. got locked.

updated now. and locking dealio is back on again.

sort of a bone-headed mistake forgetting about them.
Previous Topic: Starface Comfort-phoning and Kerio LDAP
Next Topic: Prevent Sending Email to Wrong User
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 07:05:33 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00402 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.