Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » How to separate hosts into two 'subnets' using WinRoute Firewall ((hosts connected to Winroute through one network interface card))
  •  
MeOne

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

There is no more place to put any more network cards into my WinRoute Firewall machine, so I am looking the other way to separate hosts.

The situation is: hosts are using internet connection from my WinRoute machine to have internet. It works perfect. But that hosts are organizationally placed into two separated divisions - so no one from the one division could see any hosts from the anyother division. I use to do it by 2 separated network cards in my WinRoute machine - each for one division. Now there is no slots for that.

So - is there any solution, using WinRoute rules or routing tables, to make this situation possible?
If yes - please - help me do it Smile

Best greeting,
JA

[Updated on: Wed, 11 January 2012 17:42]

•  
ICT and Me

Not possible! without vlan on switches and the use of VMware ESX(i) to create virtual more nic's.
But this is something you must be expert in to get this working.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
MeOne

Well, I was trying with managed switch HP ProCurve 1700, making VLANs its easy there, but I don't know how to give (share) the internet connection to that VLANs...

Really no way with Kerio?

JA
  •  
ZReau

correct that at the moment not possible.

the reason why this is not possible is that kerio control won't support vlantagging! it's a shame i need this option to Wink
if kerio was enable to use clan tagging you could make an new vlan on your switches and create an vlan interface on kerio and tagged that interface with the same vlanid from the switch Wink en voila one nic with multiple network ranges....

@kerio
is this vlan tagging a serious option to build in the next release?

Alex
Previous Topic: 2 connections on one interface
Next Topic: IPS drop - VNC
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 05:51:16 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00451 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.