Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Import New User PST
  •  
ccsderby

Send a private message to this user
I was wondering if there is a tool for the Linux version of kerio connect or suggestion for a future version where there is a command line tool were we can easily import PST files in to a new user on kerio

because I have spent most of the past week migrating a lot of users from an old Microsoft exchange system to kerio on a server which is not on the customer site but transferring all the old emails has taken so long due to internet connection speeds

so I was wondering if there is a way that I could just copy the PST files directly to the server and import the PST files to the new mailbox

Regards

Steven Faulkner
Complete Computer Solutions (Derby) Ltd
  •  
Kedar

Did you tried Kerio Exchange Migration Tool for direct migration of data from Exchange to Kerio Connect? http://www.kerio.com/connect/kerio-exchange-migration-tool
  •  
ccsderby

wouldn't that still have the same main issue where it would take time due the the internet connection since the new kerio server isn't on the same site as the exchange server?

i would like to be able to take the PST files on a USB drive plug them in to the kerio server and import them directly so pretty much instant sync instead of taking 4-5 days due to a slow internet connection
  •  
koffie

We had a client a few weeks ago that didn't have fiber so what we did was take a laptop (osx) and install Kerio on that -> took it to the clients office (internal exchange server) -> hooked the laptop to the internal network and started the migration -> make a backup of the laptop kerio while driving to datacenter -> copy backup to Kerio server in datacenter -> restore -> done.

That way we bypassed the firewall issues and slow internet speeds as everything was done on internal networks.
And we could already check the import on the laptop before restoring to production server and make sure everything was fine.

[Updated on: Wed, 18 January 2012 09:52]

Previous Topic: Setup the correct Sender
Next Topic: Shared Public folders and Filters
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Sep 23 00:24:20 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00418 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.