Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Rule to move Invites to folder (Need a rule to move Invites and meeting updates to folder)
  •  
GetSync'd

Send a private message to this user
I have a client that receives meeting invites and invite updates. He is not always good at accepting them properly, but he has an assistant that also manages his calendar for him. What we would like to do is anytime any .ICS file arrives in is INBOX, we want to make a copy of it to a public folder, where the assistant can will see it and make sure that his calendar is up to date with those invites and changes.

GetSync'd.Com
Certified Hosted Kerio Connect Solutions
Kerio Mail Boxes / Dedicated Kerio Servers / Managed Kerio Cloud
http://www.getsyncd.com
  •  
trifecta

He can set up a rule in Outlook 2007/2010 (Tools - Rules and Alerts) to achieve these tasks.

If the assistant decline the meeting request, the email notification in his Inbox will show "This meeting is not in the calendar; it may have been moved or deleted" in the header, and "Accepted by recipient_name on xx-xx-xxxx xx:xx am/pm" if it was accepted.

The copy of email notification in the Public Inbox will be deleted automatically after it has been acknowledged.

In the event that the meeting was cancelled, one of them should be delegated as the primary to acknowledge and remove from Calendar, and the other only need to delete the email notification.

It is not perfect, but it'll do for the time being.

Give it a try.

• Attachment: Snap55.jpg
    (Size: 87.45KB, Downloaded 197 times)
  •  
GetSync'd

Sorry, should have been a little clearer. This will need to be done server side, if email client is turned off, these still need to process. Also, this client is all Mac, so needs to be compatible with Mail and iCal.

GetSync'd.Com
Certified Hosted Kerio Connect Solutions
Kerio Mail Boxes / Dedicated Kerio Servers / Managed Kerio Cloud
http://www.getsyncd.com
  •  
sfpete

We really had to "bamboozle" Kerio into doing this.

There was no means that we could find or determine to make this rule function server side. The options simply aren't there.

What we finally did was setup a dedicated machine (in the server room), who had the exec's (Apple Mail) email account configured... with a rule that said any .ics file would be moved to X folder.

That folder is shared out to the assistant who can then accept/decline there.

Apple Mail chokes running 24x7 sometimes and stops checking mail / processing that rule, so we further had put an iCal alarm on the box that executed an automater action to quit and re-open mail twice a day.

Elegent? no.

Did we have any other options? Not that I could determine.

Does it work? yes.

Let me know where you net out in your quest...
  •  
trifecta

InfTek wrote on Fri, 20 January 2012 08:07
Sorry, should have been a little clearer. This will need to be done server side, if email client is turned off, these still need to process. Also, this client is all Mac, so needs to be compatible with Mail and iCal.

My temporary workaround for this is to run another Apple Mail session on the server to take advantage of its rules custom action. This only work if you've a small group and for that "Special" person only.

Sorry, I am not really familiar with Apple Mail, and I don't know how good is its rules settings compared to Outlook. It's just a suggestion.

Smile

Previous Topic: Monitoring and compliance
Next Topic: iCal Public Folder Permissions
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Nov 21 22:34:08 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00383 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.