Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Rewrite numbers
  •  
nhoague

Send a private message to this user
Interesting dilemma. I have voicepulse and I correctly set the called number to add a 1 in front of a 10 digit number. i.e. 3035551234 goes out as 13035551234.

However, inbound calls have a 1 in front of them and if i hit redial the number goes out as 113035551234. And obviously the call fails.

Ideas?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi Nick,

I can see what you are pointing at. If you have an interface with individual phone numbers, the dialog 'Edit Incoming Call' lets you add a prefix but it does not allow you to remove digits.

I think the solution is to create a second outbound rule, pointing to the same interface. If your standard dial-out prefix is 9, I would add 91 as the second prefix.

The rewrite rule for prefix 9 will remove one digit (to get rid of the '9') and add '1' to the called number. The rule for prefix 91 will just strip the one digit and add nothing because the called number already starts with '1'.

This way, you can dial with or without the '1', so this should solve your issue.

Vladimir

•  
nhoague

Sorry to bring up such an old post ... but I have run into another interesting situation.

We now have a toll free number, and I set its prefix to 9, so if I dial 9 I can dial out using the toll free, or without a 9 just uses our local number.

Now, when customers call in using the toll free number, it adds a 9 to the number. Obviously if I redial it will dial out using toll free, but what if I don't want to do that? Can I use the rewrite to remove the 9? I have tried many different approaches and can't figure it out!

Thanks!
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi Nick,

You could use the rewriting rule associated with the outbound prefix to change the dialed number.

Vladimir
  •  
nhoague

Odd. I thought I had tested that, but apparently not.

Thanks Vladimir!
  •  
Waco1

Vladimir Toncar (Kerio) wrote on Fri, 27 January 2012 05:13
Hi Nick,

I can see what you are pointing at. If you have an interface with individual phone numbers, the dialog 'Edit Incoming Call' lets you add a prefix but it does not allow you to remove digits.

I think the solution is to create a second outbound rule, pointing to the same interface. If your standard dial-out prefix is 9, I would add 91 as the second prefix.

The rewrite rule for prefix 9 will remove one digit (to get rid of the '9') and add '1' to the called number. The rule for prefix 91 will just strip the one digit and add nothing because the called number already starts with '1'.

This way, you can dial with or without the '1', so this should solve your issue.

Vladimir

That's a partially useful workaround. The solution would be to restore the incoming call editing from earlier versions. Stripping data off of inbound call data is common practice, as SIP vendors are like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're going to get.

Example: I get "+1" added onto my incoming data. I can't match that in a CRM database. I can't dial that nonsense. So in order to go live with a KO solution I'll have to address this from the command line, creating an ongoing support headache.
  •  
Waco1

Example of stripping first digit:

exten => s,2,SetCallerID(${CALLERID(num):2})

(I think: this is derived from the Asterisk docs on the 's' extension)

Unfortunately, there's no easy or supported way to change extensions.conf, or add an include. You would also need to insert that somewhere where it would be triggered during an inbound call, like /var/etc/asterisk/ext_ivr.conf or similar.

If someone has a complete answer, whether it's supported or not, I'd appreciate it.
  •  
Previous Topic: CRM
Next Topic: Kerio Connect integration
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 17:50:27 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00469 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.