Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Import Users
  •  
davelee212

Send a private message to this user
Hello

I'm thankful for the import extensions function so I can import all the MAC addresses for my phones and have them all auto-provisioned. The only problem with this is that when you call between the phones the Descriptions are not displayed on the phone. It seems the way around this is to create a user with the same Fullname and then assign this extension to the user. Then it works fine.

What I would like to do is to import from CSV a list of Users which I can then assign to the extensions. Is this possible somehow in the web interface or am I going to have to do this through SSH or SQL somehow?

Dave
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Do you run one of the supported Directory servers? If so, you can activate (import) users from the directory server and if you have the users' extensions in the directory, the bindings between users and extensions will be created in Operator.

Vladimir
  •  
davelee212

Hi Vladimir

We're running active directory but there is not a one-to-one mapping between phones and AD users. We have many more phones than users.

Dave
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi Dave,

You can have multiple phone numbers in the user's record in AD. The first one is in "Telephone number" and the remaining numbers are under "Other". Operator is able to create and associate all the extensions with the given user when activating AD users.

Vladimir
  •  
davelee212

Hello

I should have mentioned that a lot of the phones we have do not have specific users assigned either. This system is being installed on a ship so there are phones in the mess, galley, bridge and in all the cabins. These locations do not have AD users associated with them but we still wanted to be able to associate a name with them (like "Cabin 301") so it seems we have to create a user.

I ended up creating the Users and Extensions all manually then did phone provisioning using a CSV file full of MAC addresses. It might be a useful additional to be able to populate the Users and Extensions section from CSV though.

thanks

Dave

[Updated on: Mon, 30 January 2012 10:58]

Previous Topic: Auto Attendant setup
Next Topic: restore from a backup, remote phone not working anymore
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 11:17:51 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00417 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.