Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Two (!) IPs on my "Kerio VPN NIC"
  •  
Tuneld

Send a private message to this user
Somebody explain what is going on here plz.. Why is it possible to get this result?.. is it really so that it simulates a dual NIC card or what?

(See my attachment for the picture)

[Updated on: Wed, 16 June 2004 22:44]

ICQ filetransfer problems?.. Then checkout my site! www.Tuneld.com
  •  
coco

Yes, I have this too. Not only that, but when a VPN client connects, the server shows all sorts of 'anti-spoofing' errors for the 169.254.x.x address when the client tries to use NetBIOS to browse the workgroup/domain.

This, it seems, results in 'The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently available' errors in Explorer on the client. I am conversing with Kerio support about this issue, but so far without resolution. I'll post here if I learn anything (but it would be best if Kerio would do so instead, of course).

Regards,
Steve Moss,
CoCo Systems Ltd.
  •  
breps

i'm getting the same exact thing w/ the anti spoofing.

The vpn is useless to me as it does not work at all.

I have a

windows 2003 standard
kerio 6

also a second box w/ the same issue,

that is 2000 pro + all patches

•  
Tuneld

As I can see in the WR debug log the DHCP, DNS & VPN services start/stops with both IP 10.253.78.1 and the IP 169.254.122.217.

..so this can be why the client get's two IP's when it connects. But since Kerio doesn't provide with any useful setup info about the VPN adapter on the server I really don't know what to do. Perhaps I should enter a IP in the windows controlpanel so it doesn't try to find one from a DHCP (I guess it tries and when it doesn't find one it get's the 169.xxx.xxx.xxx like always when there is no DHCP that replies).

ICQ filetransfer problems?.. Then checkout my site! www.Tuneld.com
Previous Topic: The same problem in WinRoute 6.0.0
Next Topic: HTTPS over port 8443 don't work!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 02:38:33 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00390 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.