Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Bug Calendar Sync with iCal on Mac OS X Lion (Deletions are not synced to iCal)
  •  
Green Mini host

Send a private message to this user
Hello everyone,

We are experiencing a very annoying bug in iCal on Mac OS X Lion since a few months. The problem is that when an appointment that is synced in iCal gets deleted somewhere else (iPhone, webmail, etc), the item is NOT deleted from/synced back to iCal.

We've contacted Kerio but they cannot find the problem, or at least say it is a bug in iCal and we have to wait for a bug fix from Apple. I'm afraid that will take very long.

My question is if anybody else has got the same problems and if there is a solution or workaround that you use in this specific situation.

We are running this installation on a Mac server as well. Tested it on a Lion and on a Snow Leopard server. Same problem.

Thanks.
  •  
MJK NL Preferred Partner

Which version of iCal are you using?
  •  
Green Mini host

iCal 5.0.1
Lion 10.7.2
  •  
Mabomax

We have the same problem as you! If a date is entered by a client A (eg in a public calendar), and this appointment is deleted by another client B, then the date at the web-interface is deleted. The appointment is then no longer displayed in the iCal client B. But the date in iCal will not delete on client A and there is still visible.
We think that a bug must be!
Client: Mac OS X 10.7.3, iCal 5.0.2
  •  
jirongzhi

I don't know what you mean.
  •  
Mabomax

What I mean:
If an appointment is set by a client "A" using iCal (appears in web-Interface of kerio eg in a calendar in the "public Folder") - this appointment appears in iCal AND Web-Interface for all clients. That means the sync from iCal to web-Interface of kerio AND iCal of all the clients is OK.

Now, if sometimes later, Client "B" (of the public community) deletes this appointment - as expected - then this appointment does not appears in iCal of client "B" AND does not appears in the web-interface (kerio).

But this appointment is still visible in iCal of client "A" and is NOT deleted there!
Obviously, the deletion of the appointment (as seen in kerio web-interface) is not synchronized with the iCal client "A"! Therefor the appointment still appears at the iCal of client "A" BUT NOT at the iCal of client "B" (who has deleted this appointment).
  •  
wylyth

I'm having a similar problem. Deleted calendar events don't seem to be syncing properly
  •  
Green Mini host

Are you also using a Mac OS X Server for Kerio?

Kerio support: please fix this issue, we are already waiting more than 5 months for a solution on this problem.
  •  
wylyth

We are running Linux
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

This problem (event deleted in other client is still visible in iCal on OS X 10.7.2) has been reported to Apple. They confirmed that this bug will be addressed in some next iCal update.
  •  
Green Mini host

Hi Pavel, thanks for your quick reply.

The strange thing is that we also know customers and colleagues who don't experience this problem on exactly the same iCal/Kerio-setup. Furthermore, there are also CalDAV-servers that don't have this bug. And one other strange part is that when we restart the whole Kerio-service, the problem seems to be away for a while (few hours) and after that comes back in again.

Considering this all, there should be a way of fixing this bug in Kerio itself, so we don't need to wait another five months on Apple possibly addressing this issue in an iCal update. I hope your technical team will be able to do this.
  •  
mediac

Hi there,

we experience the same problem with KC 7.3.2 (Linux Version) and MacOSX 10.7.3 iCal Version.

It seems, that this bug depends on the amount of CalDAV entries of the users account. If there a lot of entries (several thousends) it is very possible, that the calendar entry is not deleteable.
Some Accounts have failure ratio of 30%. Some 90%.

@all
Any hints are really appreciated

@Pavel
Does Kerio recommend any workarounds?

Many greetings,

Ralf
  •  
ofir

This is a critical issue - I can't believe it hasn't been noticed during testing with Lion. Should this not be made VERY clear on your web site?

As it stands, Kerio isnt compatible with Lion and users should be made aware of this. I would have not upgraded my customers to Lion if I knew about this problem.

IT support - www.galweb.com and software dev - www.hstracker.com
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

AFAIK this problem was introduced with OS X 10.7.2 update. I believe Apple will fix it in some next update.
mediac

Anyone tested iCal Version from MacOSX 10.7.1 with MacOSX 10.7.3?

@Pavel: Any suggestions for workarounds?

This topic is very urgent. It blocks our workflow .
Previous Topic: Reply-To address ignored in Outlook 2010
Next Topic: 7.4.0 Administration hangs on "Advanced Options" page
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Oct 19 12:47:11 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00548 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.