Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » NAT for VPN clients not working
  •  
Tol_

Send a private message to this user
HI,

I'm trying route all internet traffic through my KWF, using the kerio VPN connection.
Desktops on the LAN will connect to the KWF-server using kerio VPN. NAT should make it possible to provide these desktops with internet access. However it seems NAT is not working properly, is this a known problem and if so can anyone help me with the solution?

Cheers.

• Attachment: Network.jpg
    (Size: 6.33KB, Downloaded 749 times)
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Tol_ wrote on Wed, 16 June 2004 23:38

HI,

I'm trying route all internet traffic through my KWF, using the kerio VPN connection.
Desktops on the LAN will connect to the KWF-server using kerio VPN. NAT should make it possible to provide these desktops with internet access. However it seems NAT is not working properly, is this a known problem and if so can anyone help me with the solution?

Cheers.

For access to the Internet, VPN clients use their current Internet connections. VPN clients are not allowed to connect to the Internet via WinRoute (configuration of default gateway of clients cannot be defined).
  •  
RHarmsen.nl

Will it be possible in a future version?
I think it would be quit handy to have a Winroute Box with VPN for clients... eg on WiFi networks, or somewhere else in the world.. that can internet throug NAT via the Winroute box
  •  
lvmeijer

I agree with rharmsen.nl.

NAT over VPN is very usefull in situations like WiFi: block all network traffic except DNS, DHCP en VPN and allow (inter)network traffic with a VPN Connection.

I hope Kerio can implement this feature in the next minor version.
  •  
Tol_

The wifi situation is exactly why I wanted to use VPN, I used the windows VPN first but wasn't quite satisfied with the client of it and thought Kerio came with a better solution, but unfortunately...it did'nt.
Back to Microsoft I think.

Cheers
Previous Topic: HTTPS over port 8443 don't work!
Next Topic: Some stream do not work in KGF 5.1.10 - > FlashGet
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 11:38:56 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00472 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.