Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » problem with outgoing caller id
  •  
ser1998

Send a private message to this user
hi,

i want to change the outgoing caller id for all my internal phone to "My company" instead "First Name Last Name"

i create a user My company and an extension (200)

i change the outgoing caller id to 200 and now when i call, it says 200 instead of the name but it's not saying My Company like i want to
  •  
ser1998

help ? i'm sure there's a way to do it but can't find it!
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

The display name of extension 200 should be used in this situation. If it is not, it can be a bug. We will look into that. Thank you for reporting!
  •  
ser1998

i've found like 4 major bugs in 1 week with your software ??????

i'm about to throw 1000$ on a beta software..... ??

i need to have callerid asap working or else i won't buy it
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

I appreciate your input. However discovering the causes of bugs, fixing them, and testing for all possible side effects may take some time.

Thanks,
Vladimir
  •  
ser1998

how much time ? 1 week or 1 month?
  •  
ser1998

my guest is that it's replacing with the number instead of the name,

even tough on the extension 200 i tell him to not display, it still display 200

i think the replace by option should include name instead of extension number.

so on my extension i want to replace i pick "My company" instead of 200
  •  
ser1998

i'm waiting for this to buy a kerio licence!!!
  •  
PC_MAC

I am also Experiencing problems with Caller ID Routing for outgoing calls. I have tried multiple options but they all fall back to my number that is listed as the incoming.

To be more specific, we have 20 DIDs and 3 SIP Trunks. We have one DID mapped to one extension. When i try to put in any other information into the caller ID in Extension/ext-edit/Advanced menu, it defaults to the mapped number for the incoming call. Is this a bug? Alternatively, the hide option does work.

We are running the latest 1.2.0 build 4438

Thanks,
Adam
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

The current behaviour is that when you choose the option "Override with" for Caller ID for outgoing calls, Operator will rewrite both the phone number and the display name with the chosen extension number. So if you override with extension 200, the result is "200" 200 instead of "My Company" 200.

The solution depends on what you want to achieve. If the aim is to have the company's name as the display name for all outgoing calls, hiding everybody behind a single extension (like 200) may not be the best option, especially for a larger company.

This is what we can do:

1. Add an optional display name string to the SIP interface configuration. If used, all outbound calls would use this display name.

2. Add a field for the display name to the "Override with" option. This way, you can tweak the external display name for each extension individually. An empty field would have the meaning of "keep the original name", so only the phone number would be masked.

3. We can keep the current interface and change the behavior so that the display name from the chosen masking number is used.

Opinions, anyone?

Vladimir
  •  
ser1998

option #1 is perfect for us.

this way i wont have to changed all extension callerid

is this possible to release it this week?

or can you just send me a patch or something like that ?
  •  
PC_MAC

I think a combination of 1 and 2 would be great. I'm sure 1 would be more useful in the short-term though.

Thanks,
Adam
  •  
ser1998

combinaton of 1 and 2 would be ok for me also,

but i need it fast Smile
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

We can do #1 and then #2 sometimes later. What is your definition of "fast"?
ser1998

1 week

Why i would buy a pbx that i cant use the caller id ...
Previous Topic: Can't Make Outbound Calls
Next Topic: cisco spa504, program line button but everything disappear after reboot
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 17:51:05 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00454 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.