Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » multi-dom setup
  •  
foobar

Send a private message to this user

hi @all,

sorry for stupid questions, i not understand the
multi-dom handling in kerio-connect and i not can found
docu Crying or Very Sad

i have the follow scenario

- i have a user tom
- i have 3 doms
- tom is in every domain

ok, i can create an account tom, tom becomes
tom<_at_>master-dom1.com

i can add new domains
dom2.com
dom3.com

tom should be accessible with
tom<_at_>dom2.com
tom<_at_>dom3.com

how do i do this ...
one login, many domains for one user ...

thx for help

•  
marcobat

the easiest way to achieve what you need is to set dom2.com and dom3.com as aliases of dom1.com
Look under dom1.com setting and you'll find where to add the 2 domains.
  •  
foobar

thx for the fast answer ... works fine Wink
  •  
TCMMac

I have a similar issue, but a bit more complicated.

Dom1.com has x users ......
We are creating a Dom2.com soon

and want all users from Dom1.com to have accounts at Dom2.com - with one exepction ... and its this exception that is causing a nightmare.

Problem is the new Dom2.com is a merger with another company, and the merger is creating a totally new entity. One of the users from the new company is a manager, and want to keep his name as he email address. Let me detail.

Original Dom1.com has a joe@dom1.com - however a new Manager is coming on board and wants joe<_at_>dom2.com

Possible solution
1) create a joeA@dom1.com - then delete joe@dom1 and transfer all email to joeA<_at_>dom1.com

2) Put in an Alias in joeA@dom1.com for joe<_at_>dom1.com .... (We need him to be able to continue to use his existing dom1.com email address

4) create a dom1 -> Dom2 alias, so that all users wont have to be added as new user licenses.

3) create joe<_at_>dom2.com

Will this work? Or will the fact that joeA@dom1.com with as user alias of joe@dom1.com and a DOM alias of Dom1 = Dom2 prevent a new original user of Joe<_at_>dom2.com from receiving his emails.

It is too cost prohibitive to purchase 50+ new users for Dom2.com when all but 1 are going be be duplicated.

Please advise on the best way to accomplish what I have detailed, or if its even possible.

Previous Topic: Archive folders
Next Topic: Sending Entourage messages back to Kerio
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 17 09:49:39 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00428 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.