Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » no connection to kerio connect with DynDNS
  •  
tweety3

Send a private message to this user
Hello community,
since some days i try to connect a smartphone Galaxy II to kerio connect by internet with DynDNS. But i don't get access to the Kerio Server.

about the system:
Server 2003 with kerio control

Second Desktop with WinXP und kerio connect

All intern pc are connect with KOC to the Kerio-"mail-Server". Also the smartphone is successful connected with Exchange Active Sync to the kerio connect. the internal system are running well.

but now when i try to use the DynDNS-Name as the server-name for the smartpfhone i cannot connect to my mail-server.

Can someone give me a tip or have someone a installation-guide as handout?

Many thanks
Steven
  •  
tweety3

Wow... above 3000 hits and no reply... Sad

But the hope never die...
  •  
TorW

Hoffe, noch nie einen Rechner repariert. Wink

It's a basic DNS and or connectivity problem which is more or less impossible to say anything useful about from across the internet, and basic DNS problems calls for basic DNS troubleshooting (a.k.a. "homework").

What's the error message on the smartphone?
Does it happen only when you're on your local WLAN, or also when you're outside on 3G?
Is the DynDNS hostname in fact resolving on all the networks you use on the smartphone?
Does it resolve no matter what DNS you're using? (ISPs DNS, internal DNS, Google's DNS)
Does it work when you use the IP address instead of the DynDNS hostname?

Ask yourself these questions and try to answer them. If any of them returns "no" or "I don't know" as the answer, ask yourself "why?" and answer that.

Glück ...
  •  
tweety3

Vielen Dank für eine Antwort.. und die Blumen Very Happy
Ich gehe von aus, wir können auf deutsch kommunizieren?

Tja bis heute habe ich schon diverse Rechner repariert.. und die laufen alle noch Wink selbst meine beiden Server und die AP.

Es gibt aber manchmal Dinge, die man zum ersten Mal anfässt. Und dann noch die korrekte englische Ausdrucksweise liegt nicht jedem Rolling Eyes

Zum Thema:

Kerio Connect läuft auf einem Rechner, der über einen Server 2003 (Kerio Control) ins Netz geht. Im internen LAN kann ich ohne Probleme auf Kerio mit Exchange Active Sync verbinden. Außerhalb (3G, etc.) kann ich nicht connecten. Auch nicht mit direkter IP-Angabe oder DynDNS-Name.

Smartphone zeigt an: "Verbindung mit Server nicht möglich".

Der Zugriff auf Kerio-WEBMail funktioniert unterwegs über die DynDNS-Adresse (Port 8089) über z.B. 3G. Ist auf dem Kerio Connect auf die IP des Kerio Server geleitet.

DynDNS soll ausschließlich für die Mailanbindung und nicht für WEB-Zugang, etc. gelten. Der Router aktualisiert DynDNS erfolgreich.

Derzeit leite ich über Kerio Connect ebenso IMAP, IMAPS, SMTP, SMTPS auf den Kerio-Server. Der Router läßt diese Ports durch.
M.E. sind weitere Port nicht notwendig. oder??????

Jetzt muss ich leider nochmal nachhaken: Was ist mit den DNS-Arten gemeint? ISPs DNS, internal DNS, Google's DNS?

Soweit einmal der Status. Ggf. können wir das weiter eingrenzen.

Besten Dank und Gruß
Steven
  •  
TorW

Although I speak German pretty well, I think we should continue in English for the benefit of the rest of the forum users. (On a side note, knowing German yields twice as many Google hits for technical problems. Quite useful ...)

tweety3 wrote on Sun, 12 February 2012 16:18

Derzeit leite ich über Kerio Connect ebenso IMAP, IMAPS, SMTP, SMTPS auf den Kerio-Server. Der Router läßt diese Ports durch.
M.E. sind weitere Port nicht notwendig. oder??????

You must also open port 443 (HTTPS) in Kerio Control for ActiveSync to work.

tweety3 wrote on Sun, 12 February 2012 16:18
Jetzt muss ich leider nochmal nachhaken: Was ist mit den DNS-Arten gemeint? ISPs DNS, internal DNS, Google's DNS?

Verifying that your DynDNS hostname resolves on various other DNS servers can be useful in troubleshooting. I have updated DNS records a few times in our (BIND) authorative name server, only to find that the new values does not resolve "out on the internet" as expected. Syntax errors, forgetting to bump the record's serial number etc. etc.
Previous Topic: KOFF 7.3.2 + Outlook 2010 No search
Next Topic: Beta calendar
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 18:02:49 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00445 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.