Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Outlook 2010 autocomplete
  •  
zebby

Send a private message to this user
I don't think this is a Kerio problem but I'll post it here in case anyone else has seen this and found a solution.

We have several users on Outlook 2010 one of which has problems with autocomplete.
It works fine for weeks and then all of the entries vanish and autocomplete entries are kept only for as long as Outlook is running.
All settings have been checked and the option to use autocomplete is selected.

After doing some Googling I've been led to believe that MS changed the way autocomplete is handled in O2010 in that addresses are stored in memory and then written to a hidden file when Outlook exits. If an Outlook add-in causes Outlook to not exit gracefully, then the items in memory do not get written to the file and are lost.

Assuming the above is true, today I've disabled every add in execpt the Kerio one. I guess we won't know if this has fixed it until a few weeks have passed.

So the point of this rather rambling post is has anyone else seen this behaviour? How did you fix it? Was it an add in or am I barking up the wrong tree?
  •  
owenmpk

Send a private message to this user
the fix is to clear the cache.
1. Shut down Outlook 2010
2. From the control panel go to user accounts then Mail
3. From Mail setup - Kerio go to email accounts
4. Double click on the Kerio Connect config
5. Go to Maintenance and click Empty
6. Start Outlook and auto complete is now working

People-Centric Approach to Computer Solutions
Previous Topic: HTML mail being converted to plain text in Outlook with connector
Next Topic: Unable to synchronize a message!
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 01:29:22 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00395 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.