Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » KMS v6 beta is released :-)
  •  
bperkins

Send a private message to this user
All the hype and all the fuss about the delays.......go download the beta :-) So far, looks very good!!!

•  
jshaw541

Excellent, just installed it. Looks nice, so far.

To someone at Kerio:

Can we now define custom spam rules in 6.0?

Pllllleeeasseee respond!

Kerio MailServer 6.7.1 w/AD
Windows Server 2003 SP 1
Dell PowerEdge 2850 (Dual Xeon 3.2ghz and 2 GB RAM)
~1300 users
~1000+ concurrent IMAPS connections
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
Apple iCal 10.5/10.6 users
  •  
jshaw541

Wow, the new webmail interface looks freakin' slick. The calendar and "Today" stuff is cool.

Windows Server 2003 SP 1
~1300 users
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
  •  
Tr!une

I have a question for the seasoned users of KMS. I currently run KMS on Red Hat 8. I am going to get another PC for the v6 Beta and am wondering what platform works best. We don't use MS's AD, so that wouldn't be a plus for the Win2k. But I am much more familiar with Win2k, but wary because of the frequent patches.
I am leaning towards Red Hat 9 Enterprise but may sway back to Win2k for familiarity.

Thanks
  •  
jshaw541

Tr!une wrote on Thu, 17 June 2004 19:17

I have a question for the seasoned users of KMS. I currently run KMS on Red Hat 8. I am going to get another PC for the v6 Beta and am wondering what platform works best. We don't use MS's AD, so that wouldn't be a plus for the Win2k. But I am much more familiar with Win2k, but wary because of the frequent patches.
I am leaning towards Red Hat 9 Enterprise but may sway back to Win2k for familiarity.

Thanks

I am currently debating whether to move our KMS Win2k3 box to RedHat. Both Windows and RedHat require frequent patches. Windows is easier to patch and I can run perl/bash/etc on it, so I'm leaning towards sticking with Win2k3. The stability has been great too. I would say that you should stick with Win2k. If anything install the tools you miss from UNIX.

RedHat will definitely require more admin time, and if it ain't broke, why fix it?

Windows Server 2003 SP 1
~1300 users
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
  •  
Tr!une

I am currently using Red Hat so it would be a change. I assume there would be some simple import facility to bring all the users and stuff over to a new install of v6.
  •  
jshaw541

Re: Can we define custom spam rules?

Yes, it appears we can! It appears that both adding rules to local.cf and adding .cf files (like from SARE) work and KMS utilizes them. I was able to add some custom rules to local.cf and add extra .cf files and they both worked. Flippin' awesome. I may actually be able to can the Postfix MX server I got and running, now.

Good job, guys. Hope this pans out well.

Webmail is also working well in Safari so far.

To Kerio: (MAX! ;)
Any schedule for a final release of 6.0?

To anyone:
I've been unable to get KMS 6.0 to integrate with AD. I keep getting LDAP errors. Anyone else get this working yet? I'll keep working on it.

Windows Server 2003 SP 1
~1300 users
iPhone users
Outlook 2007 KOFF users
  •  
bperkins

I run KMS on RedHat ESv3 and it has been very easy to maintain. As far as patching, if you use the Redhat Network, it will update automatically. I don't have to spend much time at all "maintaining" the OS.

However, I do spend a lot of time on mail administration. I don't think this is OS specific though. I'm sure I would spend just as much time doing mail administration on a windows platform because KMS operates the same on both platforms. I write a lot of bash scripts to "monitor" KMS.

Since KMS basically operates the same for each OS, I say go with the platform you are most comfortable with (as far as writing scripts, etc).

>
> Tr!une wrote on Thu, 17 June 2004 19:17
> > I have a question for the seasoned users of KMS. I currently run KMS on Red Hat 8. I am going to get another PC for the v6 Beta and am wondering what platform works best. We don't use MS's AD, so that wouldn't be a plus for the Win2k. But I am much more familiar with Win2k, but wary because of the frequent patches.
> > I am leaning towards Red Hat 9 Enterprise but may sway back to Win2k for familiarity.
> >
> > Thanks
>
>
> I am currently debating whether to move our KMS Win2k3 box to RedHat. Both Windows and RedHat require frequent patches. Windows is easier to patch and I can run perl/bash/etc on it, so I'm leaning towards sticking with Win2k3. The stability has been great too. I would say that you should stick with Win2k. If anything install the tools you miss from UNIX.
>
> RedHat will definitely require more admin time, and if it ain't broke, why fix it?
>
>

Previous Topic: non-delivery receipts (DSN)
Next Topic: KMS v6 feature questions
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 04:56:44 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00424 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.