Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » Kerio Web Filter server address changed!! (Version 7.2.2 patch 4 - February 14, 2012)
  •  
moro666

Send a private message to this user
Quote:
An important change in Kerio Web Filter will take place on March 1st, 2012. In order to ensure seamless website categorization in Kerio Control, it is necessary to update Kerio Control to version 7.2.2 patch 4.

All versions prior to 7.2.2 patch 4 are affected.

I'm using Kerio Control v7.0.1 - 1098
i'm sticking with this version because of kerio console which is removed from later versions.

*(1) Does this mean, If I still want to use kerio webfilter, I MUST upgrade to the latest 7.2.2 P4 ???

*(2) Does the RC 7.3.0 version already have this fix ??

*(3) is there knowing problems if I upgrade directly from the installed Kerio v7.0.1 to Kerio v7.2.x or 7.3.x ???

I hope a quick answer, There is no much time left for testing and migrating to the new system.

Thank You.

Mohammad Habeeb
  •  
Jan Jezek (Kerio)

In case you cannot or don't want to upgrade to Kerio Control 7.2.2 patch 4, as an alternative you may apply the following change to your winroute.cfg file.

Search for the following line:

<variable name="DiaServerUrl">url.esoft.com</variable>

And change it to:

<variable name="DiaServerUrl">url.zvelo.com</variable>

Anyway, I would suggest you give at least the upcoming version 7.3 a try.

Jan Jezek
Product Development Manager - Kerio Control
Kerio Technologies
  •  
moro666

Thanks for Help, Mr. Jan

I'll give v7.3 a try Smile

But I just want to know if there is knowing problems if I upgrade from v7.01 to 7.3 directly,, any leftover unused settings from the older one in "winroute.cfg" after the upgrade??

Or I have to do a clean install of v7.3 ??

I just want NOT to reconfigure My Settings, users, rules.. etc from scratch..

So what's your advice ?

Thanks again...

[Updated on: Fri, 17 February 2012 09:44]

Mohammad Habeeb
  •  
Raffye.Memon

^
Cant you just export the setting and import it later ??
  •  
moro666

I discovered that You can't upgrade directly from 7.0.x to 7.3.x
I have to (first) upgrade to 7.1.x THEN, upgrade 7.1 to 7.3

No matter if you upgrade through importing settings, or install 7.3 over 7.0 ( 7.3 will NOT accept 7.0 imported configurations )

YOU have to do this Intermediate step,

and it's OK if so Smile , it deserves the effort due to the huge new features, fixes, changes between 7.0.x --> 7.3

Mohammad Habeeb
Previous Topic: Permission for ftp site
Next Topic: All Skype traffic to selected internet interface
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Nov 23 04:46:49 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00403 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.