Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Workspace » Error with sharing rights
  •  
Florian

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
I recently had a strange experience with sharing rights of a page that I would like to share with you - maybe I've done something wrong.

As admin I created a space with user right: A = admin, all others = readers
Then I created (again as admin) a page in this space with user right: B = admin, all others (including A) = readers
*A and B are single persons.

I closed all KWS sessions and logged in as B and modified the page. In the end I checked the user rights for this page. By mistake I have chosen the option "Use rights from SPACE".

I noticed my error since A appears as admin and all others (including B) appeared as readers.
I tried to change it again. But it wasn't possible - obviously I wasn't any longer in admin mode with B.
I pressed "abort" in order to go back to the page with old sharing rights. But the new sharing rights already had been applied.

I had to log in as admin in order to correct it.
Would it be possible to apply sharing rights only, once they have been confirmed by clicking "OK"? It seems that the option "Use rights from SPACE" apply the new rights right away without any additional confirmation.
Or have I done something wrong? Maybe it is not allowed to create a page with different sharing rights than the space...

Thank you and kind regards - Florian
  •  
Tomas Rondik (Kerio)

Send a private message to this user
Hi Florian,
the issue which you have described is a known bug and is tracked in our internal bugtracking system. I increased the reported count for you. Unfortunately, we do not have any time frame when this bug will be fixed. To your question: it is allowed to create a page with different sharing rights than the space.

Thank you for reporting your experience,

Tomas Rondik
Quality Engineer
Kerio Technologies
Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.
Previous Topic: Activity Logs in Workspace
Next Topic: Developer API?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 12:20:17 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00356 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.