Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » DNS resolving problem Internal
  •  
ICT and Me

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

I got a problem with Control as DNS resolver.
In a network without any DNS service running on a Windows, Linux or Apple server Control is the DNS server.
Now problem. Some devices like computers can resolve DNS by Control. But some other devices like IP phones won't work.
In Control we had made in the hosts table a dns record to internal server. Pingen from computers to this server on name base no problem. But the phones don't resolve this name.

We are sure the phones can resolve, because we had test them in windows based DNS enviroment. The resolving was working perfect.

But with only Control as DNS we got problem.

I heard from several other people they had the same problem when Control is the only DNS with resolving url's. Most of the time the had to refresh the screen once or twice before the sites resolves.

Is this something familiar to somebody?
I know there was some where in the past a simeliar problem.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Jan Jezek (Kerio)

Perhaps a problem with the domain suffix?

Please open a support ticket. Send them debug log with DNS messages or packet dump and I am sure it can be explained and resolved.

Jan Jezek
Product Development Manager - Kerio Control
Kerio Technologies
  •  
ICT and Me

Jan,
I will do that this afternoon. Tnx for fast reply.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Goran

Maybe is this problem related to this ^^

Some clients on my network with HTC, and Iphone, don't want connect at all. No internet access, kerio dont see them but DHCP work, and clients get IP.
So also i have similar problem kerio after kerio Don't see internet access... Like that is problem in Linux/Android/Linux detection.
I don't know...
Can that be solved in patch 5 if is coming out?

Question cannot be stupid, but some of the answers can.
Previous Topic: Kerio Control & Proxifier
Next Topic: Is it possible?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 26 18:10:19 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00417 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.