Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » multiple outlook account (send and receive from multiple kerio account in Outlook)
  •  
andrea

Send a private message to this user
Hi,
I need help in order to configure Outlook to send and receive mail from more then one kerio account.
I try to explain my situation.
The customer has three company, then, there are three domains managed by the same Kerio Mail Server.

I've the this situation:
domainA
domainB
domainC

Each domain has its own email address (email1, email2, etc)

Now I need to use in MS Outlook multiple email addresses, for example:

Situation 1 - Outlook configuration
--------------
email1@domainA[/email]
email1@domainB[/email]
email1@domainC[/email]

Situation 2 - Outlook configuration
--------------
email2@domainA[/email]
email3@domainA[/email]
email2@domainB[/email]

In Outlook I must be able to write email from any address that I manage (selecting the sender address) and the emails sent must be saved in the sent folder of that particular email account that I've used to write the email.

How I can manage multiple email account in outlook?
At least for an account I must use the OffLine Connector to synchronize calendar and contacts.
I can't use multiple Outlook profile because the customer wants to see the various mail accounts simultaneously, so all the email accounts must be configured in the same Outlook profile.

Thanks,
Andrea Baroni

[Updated on: Wed, 22 February 2012 19:12]

•  
trifecta

andrea wrote on Wed, 22 February 2012 19:10

In Outlook I must be able to write email from any address that I manage (selecting the sender address) and the emails sent must be saved in the sent folder of that particular email account that I've used to write the email.

This is the difficult, almost impossible, task to do in Outlook with single profile. I overcame this limitation by using Thunderbird with Lightning, and it worked great.

•  
andrea

Hi trifecta,
thanks for reply.

Which protocol have you used in Thunderbird? IMAP?
how have you managed to synchronize contacts and calendar?

Thanks,
Andrea
  •  
trifecta

Yes, all e-mail accounts accessed via IMAP. I use Lightning in Thunderbird for Tasks and Calendar - not only Outlook Calendar, but also Google Calendar.

I first created all e-mail accounts in Thunderbird, then I use one account as the primary and the rest were delivered from Delivery Scheduling, so all the messages will be coming to the INBOX of the primary account, except the Sent Items will be stored in its own folder.

If you decide to go this path, I strongly recommend the add-on "Copy Sent to Current" as it will allow you to pick any folders you want for your sent items or none at all while sending the e-mail.

The only thing I wish that Kerio Connect could allow the writeable LDAP (for contacts)

Cheers,
  •  
andrea

but in this case is not the same thing to use outlook 2010 with the first account with the Kerio Connector and the others in imap?
in this way I could sync contact and calendar of the first account.. each others email accounts should have its own sent folder. What you think?

Is In kerio the "shared folder" only in order to read the emails or to send also?

Thanks
  •  
trifecta

Yes, it is possible. I was completely forgot that in Outlook, IMAP's will create its own folder, not POP though (in conjunction with MAPI). I still would prefer to use Thunderbird myself, light and fast - not to mention portability if you're using the portable version. I've it on my USB flash drive so I can use it anywhere, especially the accounts with Digital Certificate which can't not sign or read in Webmail.

"in this way I could sync contact and calendar of the first account.. "
Lightning can sync contacts and calendar on ALL accounts.

"Is In kerio the "shared folder" only in order to read the emails or to send also?"
I think it is to receive only. I could be wrong, you have to double-check on this.

[Updated on: Thu, 23 February 2012 01:05]

Previous Topic: Koff and Sage outlook integration issue
Next Topic: Outlook Filter Rules
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Sep 21 05:11:22 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00426 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.