Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Kerio Operator full overview from User and Administrator side (advices and feachures)
  •  
BorisMinakov

Send a private message to this user
Dear Kerio Team,

I want to thank you for your hard work, to create such valuable and great products. I work in IT about 7 Years and like your products very much. Decided to do a small description regarding your new project "Kerio Operator".

There are many good features and i want to help make them better.
I will write a review from User and Administrative sides, to describe all minuses and pluses so next releases can have these possibly fixed.

From Administrative side i have noticed that there are "extension" numbers almost everywhere. I mean "Auto Attendant", "Ringing Groups", "Call Queues" etc....

From Administration side this can provide a chaos in future, if Administrator will create phone extensions like 100, 101 ...
and suddenly this groups like 150 151 ...

Obviously this can be controlled and managed but there always is a "Human Factor".

Can i please advice, that all these groups to have extension Generated by a system unique id (This id will be hidden and known by system only) Administrator will have to select this groups by description and not extension. This can make administration much more better and user friendly

Options i liked most are "time ranges", "Auto attendant scripts"

But there is one minus there is no possibility to set specified announcement for a specific day automatically.

It can be great if "Absolute" option would have a upload button and we could set our own announcement for exact date like (Basically on holidays, like "New Year, Christmas, etc") So customer would listen to a greetings)

And option "Call Routing" in first place to check if there are any "Absolute" dates with announcement defined, if today date equals to any of "Absolute" dates it would play that greeting and drop the call.

If there are no matches it can continue as it is for now with other working and not working periods ...

Regarding Myphone, it is very user friendly and one option would make it much more better, like:
auto conference phone.
User to log-on to myphone, click n conference tab, add all numbers he want to call at once time, than pbx will dial all these numbers and split them to one conference room. This is great for users who want to set-up quick meetings

Thank you very much for reading i hope my opinion as an administrator and user will help to make your software better. I really like to test and work with your products.

[Updated on: Thu, 23 February 2012 16:07]

•  
ICT and Me

Boris,
About the extensions I can tell you that is something from Asterisk.
This is how Asterisk works. The best way to handle this is to make a good dialplan before installation.
Almost like a IP schema for a network. Groups and Queues can dialed directly, same as a group e-mailaddress.
The idea is good, but not want you really want. The intention is to dial groups and queues.
Example You receive a call but it's not for you but for the sales department and the work with a Queue.
You say to the caller "I will place you into the Sales Dep. Queue" and forward the call into the Queue.
The same can be done with a group extension. That's more direct.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
BorisMinakov

I agree that proper management of dial plan can solve everything. I have described my view as an administrator of 3CX system.

Regarding "Holiday","Absolute" time-range and My-phone features i have described in first post. What do you think about these features?
  •  
ICT and Me

Those are nice. I support that request.
But now it's clear to me about the extensions. I know 3CX software. Prefer Asterisk or better said Operator.

ICT and Me
Carlo Turk
The Netherlands
www.ictandme.nl
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Boris,

Thank you very much for your input. The idea that some services do not need an extension number and you can select them by name is an interesting one. We wanted to give the admin the option to test the services (like auto attendant scripts) internally, so that's why they have an extension numbers.

As to using absolute dates/times in Auto attendant, it's already possible to create an absolute time range and use it.

Regarding MyPhone, we plan to extend this application in the future and conference call management is one of the topics that will be considered.

Vladimir
  •  
BorisMinakov

Dear Vladimir,

Can i please ask regarding auto attendant and absolute time range, point is to make system automatically check all defined "absolute time range" = "Holidays"

Like you want your customer to hear a different voice message, depending on a day he calls.

Like if calls new Year, system will say: "Thank you we with you a happy new Year", if he calls on Christmas it will say "Merry Christmas"

All these message to be recorded and uploaded to defines special with exact "absolute time range"

As i saw from last version, you can do this but manual, like if you know it is December 25 you have to change auto attendant to this.

I am interested to make this automatic, like when incoming call is detected, system can check for a defines "absolute time range" with linked to this range special announcement and play it

If this already exists in auto mode please can you give me a manual i have searched all manuals.
I have found so far only one way doing this manually by amending auto attendant for exact day

[Updated on: Mon, 27 February 2012 19:13]

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

You can have a time range that includes one or several absolute times. You could use that to "program" the auto attendant for several upcoming holidays but an option to just alternate prompts based on the current date is not available.

I would use two scripts organized as follows:

Script 21 (Greetings)
If Christmas:
Play Christmas greeting
Dial 22
Else:
If Easter:
Play Easter greeting
Dial 22
Else:
Play standard greeting
Dial 22
End
End
End

(This is just a symbolic syntax. You need to create absolute time ranges for Christmas and Easter and use them in time conditions. All dial commands can have the timeout of 0 or 1 second)

Script 22 (Your standard main voice menu)
End

Hope this helps,
Vladimir
  •  
BorisMinakov

Dear Vladimir,

That seems more complicated, my advice was to create like:

Menu Time-Ranges:

1) name: Christmas Uploaded file "Christmas.wav" Time: 31 12 * 02 01 *

So announcement could be uploaded directly from time range menu, and no "If, Else ..."

Because if you will have more than 20 this will be not to good for administration, in case of new "holiday" approved by Government for a specified 1 day, this can make difficulties

And on inbound call system to check that "time ranges" can be more easy for administration and less auto attendant rules to be created

[Updated on: Tue, 28 February 2012 15:53]

Previous Topic: Call transfer
Next Topic: change buzzing sound when calling local extension
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 19 22:45:33 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00485 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.