Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Windows 8 Metro Apps
  •  
IceFire

Send a private message to this user
I can't connect with Windows 8 included Metro Apps like Mail or Calendar to Kerio Connect Mail Server.

Is there any solution for this? Someone get it to work?

Regards,
IceFire
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

You have to install server SSL certificate into Trusted Root certificates in Windows 8 (Internet Explorer).
  •  
IceFire

i installed the certificate generated by kerio mail server to the trusted certificates in internet explorer, but still doesn't work Sad

it doesn't work with unsecure port, too.
The Server is running on port 81 (unsecure) and port 443 (secure).

I found another thread with the same problem here: hxxp://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1061316-unable-to-add-exch ange-account-to-windows-8-cp/
maybe it is a problem with the metro app...

•  
pstavros1967

Would you please fix this! How do you expect an it department to test the new programs and features of windows 8 when this does not work!
  •  
dskbass

As you are testing Windows 8 so are software developers. I am sure all problems will be taken care of as they have been in the past. This really isn't a Kerio issue as they haven't changed anything.
  •  
camisy

you must make sure to select trusted root certificates, as described by Pavel, for the certificate you download from your admin interface. If you just press OK it will be installed in the wrong destination. It´s working for me now with IMAP/Windows 8 Mail App.
  •  
Lisa Lyons (Kerio)

Hi, IceFire

Are you using a PC running Windows 8, or are you running it on a tablet under Windows 8 RT?

Kerio Technical Support
Log Support Incidents here: http://www.kerio.com/support
Also, please use our KB: http://kb.kerio.com
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

IceFire wrote on Fri, 02 March 2012 21:39
i installed the certificate generated by kerio mail server to the trusted certificates in internet explorer, but still doesn't work Sad

it doesn't work with unsecure port, too.
The Server is running on port 81 (unsecure) and port 443 (secure).

I found another thread with the same problem here: hxxp://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1061316-unable-to-add-exch ange-account-to-windows-8-cp/
maybe it is a problem with the metro app...

Windows 8 mail client can be connected with IMAP account. Exchange is not supported.

[Updated on: Tue, 04 December 2012 10:46]

•  
krogius

Pavel Dobry (Kerio) wrote on Mon, 03 December 2012 18:01

Windows 8 mail client can be connected with IMAP account. Exchange is not supported.

IMAP is of course only providing part of the needed functionality.

Can we expect to get Exchange support from Kerio Connect anytime soon, or do we have to switch to MS Exchange servers to fix the problem? We'd prefer to continue using Kerio mailserver...

Previous Topic: Kerio Connect 8.0.0 webmail "sort contacts"
Next Topic: Filter for outgoing messages
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 23:28:58 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00474 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.