Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » All Skype traffic to selected internet interface
  •  
Raffye.Memon

Send a private message to this user
Hello,
I have 2 internet connection and have a load balancing setup. but i want to redirect all the skype traffic to only one internet interface. specially the voice calls. means anytime someone calls or recieve the voice call it should be through the internet connection 1 .. and not 2 ... ! is that possible..

thanks.. !
  •  
Raffye.Memon

Looks like support for this product is very very poor... its been more then 24 hours i posted this question.

I have been using evaluation version of this product for recommendation to buy licence for it if everything goes through fine as per our requirements but there is no support or help. Iam now changing my plans

Atleat please someone tell me is it possible or not.. !
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

This is NOT a technical support forum. Please read the disclaimer on the bottom of the page.

Regarding Skype: This is technically impossible in every firewall. You can do that only if you are able to to define which ports and services an server is Skype using for making outgoing calls. Since it is random, all you can do is to configure firewall to route all traffic from that client computer over defined interface. You cannot distinguish the application.
  •  
moro666

SkyPe traffic acts like P2P traffic,, it's random ports, and so many connections established

the best thing you can do, is to Reroute all client connections (Except) Port 80(HTTP), 21(FTP) and few other knowing ports, just to make benefit of Load balancing and redundancy of 2 Links as possible.

and it's NOT good solution to do that to all your clients.

Why you even want to isolate Skype to use one internet link ?

Mohammad Habeeb
Previous Topic: Kerio Web Filter server address changed!!
Next Topic: How can I use a VPN connection as an ordinary Internet Interface?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Oct 20 10:51:36 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00424 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.