Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » New Kerio Mailing List User... with some questions. (digest mailing lists? and a couple other requests...)
  •  
bzeb

Send a private message to this user

been setting up more of my mailing lists in Kerio Connect 7... have a couple feature requests and questions basically.

1) any chance of a digest mode? this is the big one. i have one participatory list i'd really like to move to Kerio... it has 900-ish subscribers but 400 or so are on a weekly digest.

2) an easy way to get at the total subscriber count. right now it seems i have to export then do a line count in some other app. seems like that would be an easy enough thing to have be displayed on the main mailing list window in a column.

3) a list of the moderators might be nice in that main mailing list window too. just for a quick at-a-glance to see if there are removals/changes needed.

4) anyone know a basic top-end number of subscribers before things start getting weird? is there one? i have a 2-times-daily broadcast list that has like 7000 subscribers and a couple more of similar numbers (though the digest issue is still the problem there). anyone have any problems with numbers like that? i have to imagine at least someone is running some crazy 250,000 member list or something... or not?

5)i haven't been running these new Kerio lists long enough to see if there are any mail loop issues to concern myself with. are there any? i would assume it would be smart enough to detect / delete badly-created away messages and the like?

- - -

mainly a digest mode would be the best of things. it is the *main* thing holding me back from using Kerio 100% at the moment.

digest scheduling either by message count or by date would be needed as well.

an email subscription option for digest subscribe would be good obviously... like listname-subcribe-digest<_at_>domain.com. that would also work for converting a current non-digest to a digest when used.

then either a separate panel listing digest subscribers or sorting at the very least.

then a way for the .csv import to flag digest / non-digest using a separate column.

thanks!
  •  
bzeb

Send a private message to this user
guess i have run into some more issues actually.

previously i just had a webform set-up which would send an appropriate email to the list server to allow a list administrator type person to do simple subscribes and unsubscribes.

i changed the forms to use the list -subscribe and -unsubscribe addresses. but they *require* an email confirmation back from the subscribed address. if the address is no longer working that means no email confirmation can be sent back meaning -unsubscribe doesn't do anything. that is incredibly annoying.

couldn't there at least be an option to allow at least 'unsubscribe' without confirmations required? with 'notify moderator of subscriptions' required to be checked for that option i don't see there being an issue.

related to the above...

no auto-pruning of bad addresses. that is a ridiculous oversight. so basically the bad addressees can't be removed by anyone other than the full email server administrator. that is going to get real old real fast.

at the very least it seems like there should be a simple bulk *remove* option in the web admin. or having that 'bounce/bad/delivery-error' email that is sent to moderators have tokened links to unsubscribe someone.

- - -

and yes. i've seen this link :

https://kb.kerio.com/article/is-there-a-convenient-way-for-a -list-moderator-or-administrator-to-mass-subscribe-people-43 3.html

it just isn't really all that useful for assorted remote list administrators. does anyone have some actual examples/scripts of how they were able to use that to do useful things?
Previous Topic: IMAP migration Fails
Next Topic: webmail SLOWW with big mailboxes
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 20:51:43 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00418 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.