Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » NK2 file of KOC users is corrupted for internal mails (When sending mail to internal user 1, users 2 recieves it.)
  •  
amito

Send a private message to this user
Users using KOC (v7.2.0) have troubles when sending an e-mail to some internal users. When they send an e-mail to user1, it is received by user 2. This happens with al mails they send to user 1, but not every internal mail. While composing an e-mail they start typing the receivers address and than selects it from the auto fill (this is stored in the <profilename.NK2> file in application data of Outlook). If you double click on the selected e-mail address, you can see the e-mail adress it will send the message to, which is ok. But if we take a look in the send items after the message is send, the receivers address is changed. When the user is selected from the address book while composing the mail, we don't have any problems. This is also solved when we delete the user from the NK2 file and recreate it. But the problem is that I don't know which users should be deleted, because it's random, and I can't wait till it happens and the update it, because you don't want sensitive e-mails are received by the wrong person.
Another solution is to delete delete the NK2 file and let Outlook recreate it. But I don't think my users will be happy with this. For most of the users this is the only place where their contacts are stored.
I'm wondering how this could happen, and how it can be solved on a more user friendly way. So any help is greatly appreciated.
Maybe this has something to do with my other issue regarding to problems with usage of KOC connector earlier today
  •  
sedell

I've had this happen before. It happened after the public contact list had to be re-indexed.

As near as I can tell, when Outlook stores auto complete entries for addresses that are in the contact lists, it stores a reference to an ID or index value for the contact. When you send the message, it replaces the auto complete email address with the info from the contact list. After the public contact folder was re-indexed, those IDs or index values were no longer the same causing auto complete entries to match up to the wrong contacts.

You might be able to fix this by deleting the auto complete information for anyone in the user or public contact lists. In our case, it was too much of a risk that email would continue to go to wrong recipients, so we removed everyone's NK2 file to start clean ones.

Scott
  •  
amito

Thank you Sedell, that's a good explanation why this is happening. This exactly what is happened. Our public contacts list for the internal users is somehow recreated, while the old one still exists. The strange fact is that (luckily) only the KOC users are facing this problem. The KOFF connector works just fine, even though the public contacts list for the internal users is recreated for them to.
I guess I don't have any other option then delete the internal users from the NK2 file of the KOC users. For us it's about 5 users who are facing this and has to delete approx. 30 entry's.
Thanks for the reply BTW.
  •  
kemp

Hi,
I am experiencing the exact same issue, however with over 200 users... Is there any kind of fix available for this, or is it literally a case of removing the affected contacts from the nk2 file.

Cheers
Phill
  •  
McIrish

I've had that exact same issue with a number of users. I had to go in and manually remove the bad entries. Time consuming to say the least.
Previous Topic: [Feature Wish] Advanced Signatures
Next Topic: Apple Mail Signature
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 06:11:55 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00437 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.