Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » music on hold too loud!
  •  
ser1998

Send a private message to this user
is there a way to ajust it ??

my clients are telling me that the MoH is way too loud
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

The MoH audio has been normalized to -7 dB, this volume sounded about right with the standard phone sets we used for testing.

You can use your own music on hold or you can pull the audio files from Operator, reduce the volume, upload the files back to Operator under a different name and use the modified files instead of the default.

To get the files from Operator, enable ssh and Shift-click "Tasks" in System Health. Then connect to Operator with some SCP client (user root, the password is that of the Admin user) and get the files from /var/lib/asterisk/moh/0/

In relation to this, I would like to ask other users, is the volume of the default MoH OK for you or should we reduce it in some future build?

Vladimir
  •  
ser1998

you should include the option to set the DB

even the music that cam with the kerio is a little bit too loud
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

You mean to increase/decrease the volume of all MoH files via some control in the admin GUI?

Vladimir
  •  
ser1998

•  
NetworkUnited

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Do you find all asterisk sounds including voiceprompts too loud, or is it just music on hold? I'd say that the volume of music on hold is quite balanced with the other voiceprompt files.

Filip
  •  
ser1998

i would say that it's the same

my clients tells me as soon as i put them on hold, they got surprise every time because it's too loud
  •  
mar99

for me the same. it is a little bit to loud.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

We can reduce the volume of the default music in the next release.

Vladimir
  •  
ser1998

thanks will you include the option to increase/decrease it ?
  •  
mar99

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Asterisk would allow us to reduce the volume for everything that's being played on the channel including the phone call, and not just the MoH files. Therefore we will simply edit the files for the next release.

Vladimir
  •  
mar99

Hi all.. Is the volume change with the update 1.2.2??
Thanks
Marcel
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

The volume will be reduced in fresh installations starting with 2.0.0 beta 2. We do not overwrite the existing configuration database content during upgrade from previous versions, but the MoH files with reduced volume are available for download. It is easy to upload them to Operator via the administration console.

Vladimir
Previous Topic: Voicemail account problem, specific user/extension
Next Topic: Music On Hold Options
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Oct 18 07:39:45 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00535 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.