Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Call Forwarding Issues
  •  
thinair

Send a private message to this user
Hi, I may have found a few issues relating to call forwarding. Will try and list them below as best I can

1. When setting call forwarding on an extension using the MyPhone or GUI admin, this works fine. If I press the CallFwd button on my Linksys IP Phone, the call fails and does not get forwarded - can this be fixed?

2. When setting call forward in MyPhone, if that extension is part of a ring group or queue, it wont get forwarded. It will just ring the extension as normal - can this behaviour be changed as well?

3. In trixbox, there was an option under General Settings in the Asterisk Outbound Dial Commands that controlled the behaviour of call forwarding. The option was "f" as below

f: forces callerid to be set based on a dialplan "hint" for the current channel. For example, some PSTNs don't allow callerids from other extensions than the ones that are assigned to you.

I think this may be what's causing some issues - can this be implemented somewhere?

Thanks
Adam @ ThinAir
  •  
thinair

I'm pretty sure that the third option preserves the caller ID of the extension doing the forwarding, not the caller's number - this may fix the first issue we're having.. your thoughts?
  •  
thinair

On further testing this is what I've managed to find

- Inbound call to an extension call forwarded from IP phone - call fails
- Inbound call to an extension call forwarded from MyPhone - call forwards ok

Is it trying to redirect the call differently on the IP Phone.. "SIP Temporarily Moved" ?
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi

thinair wrote on Fri, 09 March 2012 09:37

1. When setting call forwarding on an extension using the MyPhone or GUI admin, this works fine. If I press the CallFwd button on my Linksys IP Phone, the call fails and does not get forwarded - can this be fixed?

I just tried the cfwd button on a SPA508G and it works fine for both internal and external numbers. I would definitely need more information in order to help you.

2. When setting call forward in MyPhone, if that extension is part of a ring group or queue, it wont get forwarded. It will just ring the extension as normal - can this behaviour be changed as well?

You have to forward the call to the number of a ring group or a queue!

3. In trixbox, there was an option under General Settings in the Asterisk Outbound Dial Commands that controlled the behaviour of call forwarding. The option was "f" as below

This is currently not supported. See http://forums.kerio.com/t/21495/call-forwarding-extension-to -external-number/

Best
Filip
  •  
thinair

Quote:

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this.. in the Auto Attended Scripts, one option is set to go to a ring group which has an extension in it, and that extension is set to be forwarded to an external number and does not get forwarded. However, setting the auto attended script to dial the extension directly while being set to forward, does work.

Why is this?
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

I believe, I misunderstood your first post.

This is by design. Basically, members of a ring group are bare extensions, no users, ring rules or voicemail fallback is involved.

There are several reasons for this behaviour. Lets say you route incoming calls to a ring group. You probably don't want one of your users to break the ring group by forwarding his calls immediately to voicemail (he can configure this via MyPhone).

Filip

thinair wrote on Fri, 09 March 2012 21:07
Quote:

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this.. in the Auto Attended Scripts, one option is set to go to a ring group which has an extension in it, and that extension is set to be forwarded to an external number and does not get forwarded. However, setting the auto attended script to dial the extension directly while being set to forward, does work.

Why is this?

•  
fishtech

Quote:

I just hit this problem today with queues. We have a tech support help-desk and all members are out at a conference for a few days (happens about once a year).

I assumed I'd be able to have incoming calls to our 7 support queues forwarded to cellphones of the support personnel using Operator, but no luck (see above).

Turns out there's also a call forwarding option on each handset (my handsets are Snom). With call forwarding activated on the relevant handsets (rather than Operator server) it seems I am getting the required results.

ft.

[Updated on: Thu, 27 September 2012 20:41]

Previous Topic: Change left digits of incoming number (Caller ID)
Next Topic: Polycom + g.722 = squawking
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Aug 21 23:42:55 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00503 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.