Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Can't Make Outbound Calls
  •  
migsutu

Send a private message to this user
Doing a test run of Operator 1.2 with a couple of Snom 870 phones. Internal intercoms works and sounds great. I setup service with voicepulse to give it a go on the outside. I followed the directions and it worked good for incoming calls. Very clear. However I am unable to make outbound calls from either of the phones. It says Service Unavailable, the logs say call failed. I have tried setting a prefix to dial out, and leaving it blank. Same thing both ways.

Any thoughts?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

You can enable the "Asterisk" and "SIP" messages in the debug log to get more information.

Alternatively, you can use the built-in packet sniffer (System > Network) to capture the failed call and then diagnose it in Wireshark.

Vladimir
  •  
migsutu

I turned on the logs, and now I seem to be able to call out. I didn't change anything else. I contacted Voicepulse yesterday as well, and they said they were register the outbound numbers with a 9 in front, thus it was determining them to be international calls. This was the prefix I had setup to use to access an outbound line. I removed the prefix from Operator and tried dialing 1 and the number, and dialing out is working now. I had tried dialing out without the prefix as well yesterday and it didn't work, today it seems ok. Anyways, thanks for the help and showing me how to enable those extras logs in the debug.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

If the prefix 9 propagated to the carrier when calling out, you probably did not have correct number rewriting on the outbound route. If you change the outbound prefix, I recommend checking the number rewriting as well.

Vladimir
Previous Topic: Kerio Operator 1.2.1
Next Topic: problem with outgoing caller id
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Oct 24 07:48:23 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00405 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.