Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Control » VPN client connection to a different server in the LAN
  •  
onalid

Send a private message to this user
Hiho,
scenario:
LAN: 3 Servers, Kerio Control is running on Server 1 as a windows application. Now the users want to connect to the LAN via a VPN connection. The connection it self works fine to the VPN server. The client is getting the IP 10.189.41.2, the VPN servers IP is 10.189.41.1 (local it is 192.168.0.1). I am also able to connect to the shares with //10.189.41.1 from the client. Now the users need to connecto to Server 3. The local IP is 192.168.0.3, hostname server03.
The final question is: What will i have to do to connect to server03? //server03 for the shares won´t work. Anything with the routes or something? Please help!
TNX.

---
Thanks, Andre
  •  
NuStiu

on the client change the mask from 255.255.255.0 to 255.255.0.0
  •  
onalid

Thanks NuSiu,
that won´t solve the problem. The connection it self works. I can also reach the Server and the shares on the Server control runs on when i use //10.189.41.1. Now there is another server (a NAS) in this network with the local IP 192.168.0.3 that must be reached through that VPN connection. How can this be solved?

---
Thanks, Andre
  •  
NuStiu

now i have read all of the post with attention.
on the kerio connect go to dns make sure that the use host file is checked click on the edit and enter the entry for the desired server.
after that try from a vpn client to ping the server by name.
if it works problem solved.
  •  
onalid

Thanks for that tips but it won´t help me out sorry Sad
On the client ipconfig will give like this:

Ethernet-Adapter Kerio Virtual Network:

Verbindungsspezifisches DNS-Suffix:
Beschreibung. . . . . . . . . . . : Kerio Virtual Network Adapter
Physikalische Adresse . . . . . . : 44-45-53-54-4F-53
DHCP aktiviert. . . . . . . . . . : Ja
Autokonfiguration aktiviert . . . : Ja
Verbindungslokale IPv6-Adresse . : fe80::412b:3d69:a83c:2cc0%34(Bevorzugt)
IPv4-Adresse . . . . . . . . . . : 10.189.41.3(Bevorzugt)
Subnetzmaske . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Lease erhalten. . . . . . . . . . : Dienstag, 13. März 2012 21:19:07
Lease läuft ab. . . . . . . . . . : Mittwoch, 14. März 2012 21:19:07
Standardgateway . . . . . . . . . :
DHCP-Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.189.41.1
DHCPv6-IAID . . . . . . . . . . . : 574899539
DHCPv6-Client-DUID. . . . . . . . : 00-01-00-01-16-26-F2-EE-F0-DE-F1-87-D7-

DNS-Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.189.41.1
Primärer WINS-Server. . . . . . . : 10.189.41.1
NetBIOS über TCP/IP . . . . . . . : Deaktiviert

Maybe that will help to find the answer?
Ping won´t give any response ONLY on the GW/DNS of the control (10.189.41.1) and on 192.168.0.1 (IP of the control on the Server´s LAN) Sad

---
Thanks, Andre
  •  
onalid

OK,
in the meantime i found out, that other machines on the LAN can be connected via VPN, but NOT the QNAP NAS Sad DNS works also vice versa 192.168.0.3. Ping to 192.168.0.3 will only work from the local network, not via VPN. tracert also Sad I have to search for the mistake at the NAS i think? Any hint´s? Sad

---
Thanks, Andre
  •  
NuStiu

you can make the vpn and lan relatively close: lan 192.168.0.1 mask 255.255.255.0 an vpn 192.168.1.1 same mask
this way you can access from vpn the NAS.
If u need to make sure it always works the way u want:
have all the servers use FIXED IPs
create a host file for the external clients that contains the names of the server. ex. 192.168.0.1 NAS
it is a pain but it will work.
  •  
germanr

Two questions : does the server you want to connect have as default gateway the kerio control box? What dns is the vpn server in Kerio Control. Using? (you should put the domain controller to resolve the names).

German Ruiz
Home & Office
Kerio Prefered Partner
Uruguay
  •  
onalid

resolved:
The machine i wanted to enter had a fixed IP and the set gateway was set wrong Evil or Very Mad
I let set the IP by control and anything was fine. So it was NOT a problem with control, but a problem with the IP-configuration itself Sad
Thanks anybody!

---
Thanks, Andre
Previous Topic: No authentication when user go to SSL websites
Next Topic: Please Help Me - Set this UP !
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 23 09:43:42 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00517 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.