Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Samsung Galaxy S vs iPhone 4S
  •  
zebby

Send a private message to this user
We have the option of ditching (our now mostly loathed) Blackberry Curves in favour of either a Samsung Galaxy S or an iPhone 4S.

Which one we choose will make no difference to cost so I could be a really nice IT admin and offer the choice to end users. However I know they'll pick the iPhone because of Apple's massive marketing effort and not because it is a better phone (which it may, or may not be)

I have no view either way, all I want is to deploy them and forget them.

Looking through the forums both Android and iPhones have had their little problems.

Has anyone any views on which has worked well/better/best?
  •  
My IT Indy

iPhones work great. I've had no issues with iPhones at all if you keep in mind that it usually takes an update from Kerio to ensure compatibility with the newest models after they come out.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
koopa

We have about 40 iphones. No problems at all. Just make double sure when setting them up they change default locations of contacts and calendars to the Kerio account default is the iCloud. We initially 5 or 6 androids (EVO and Epic 4G). Had a couple that would just not setup a Kerio account. Used a email app from the app store and it worked fine. Had to purchase the app on 2 of the phones.
  •  
zebby

Thanks for the responses. It does look like we'll take the iphone route, we'll trial with a couple of users but I doubt I'll get complaints about the decision!

[Updated on: Wed, 28 March 2012 01:06]

•  
Machete

Kerio and iOS 5 have worked perfect on both our iPad, iPad2 and iPhone4S devices. Multiple of each. Our sales people actually like their email on their iPhone better than using their laptop and outlook.

I don't think you'll ever look back on this decision and second guess yourself.
  •  
benjalamelami

Havent tried the Android yet, but iOS5 is vastly used. We have 10 iPads and 15 iphones. Not a glitch yet. The only thing I do perceive, is that you cant name your own labels for different phones within a contact. You have to use those that are there (home/work/etc). With the iOS alone you can do this, which sometimes is useful
  •  
koopa

zebby wrote on Wed, 28 March 2012 01:03
Thanks for the responses. It does look like we'll take the iphone route, we'll trial with a couple of users but I doubt I'll get complaints about the decision!

Oh, i wouldn't say that! haha! There are always complainers. Be sure as I said earlier to check the settings afterwards that the default contacts and calendars are set to your Kerio (exchange) account. Apple ever so kindly switched ours to iCloud after the iOS 5.0 update and users calendar events were not showing in Outlook.
  •  
zebby

Quote:
There are always complainers.

Sadly very true in this game!
  •  
scottwilkins

At my current employeer: First choice for us is iPhone. Second it Windows Phone 7 (The new Nokia looks really good!). Last is anything Android. Android is truly a pain in the butt for users and admins. Most who have chosen Android have regretted it.
Previous Topic: OSX Lion iCal Invitees
Next Topic: SMTP max message dimension in receiving don't run
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 04:19:41 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00516 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.