Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » SpamAssassin Whitelist?
  •  
j.a.duke

Send a private message to this user
How does the IP whitelist interact with SpamAssassin in KC 7.3.2?

I just had a message sent to the user's junk folder.

The Spam log entry:

[13/Mar/2012 14:42:09] Message detected as spam with score: 3.32, threshold 3.10, From: *****@whytype.com, To: ****<_at_>sally-fitch.com, Sender IP: 206.46.173.7, Subject: , Message size: 3476

From the message Header:

X-Spam-Status: Yes, hits=3.3 required=3.1
tests=AWL: -1.194,BAYES_05: -0.925,FM_FAKE_HELO_VERIZON: 2.132,
HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_20: 1.546,HTML_MESSAGE: 0.001,MISSING_SUBJECT: 1.762,
RDNS_NONE: 0,TOTAL_SCORE: 3.322,autolearn=no

I'm assuming that the fact that the From was in one domain and that the relay was through a verizon.net server triggered the Fake HELO rule. I know the message didn't have a subject (and thus triggered that rule).

I have whitelisted the IP range in which Verizon's relay servers are located. Shouldn't that be sufficient to have it skip SpamAssassin checks?

Or do I need to maintain a separate list for SpamAssassin as well?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jon
  •  
TorW

Send a private message to this user
Kerio Connect's whitelist only deals with DNSBL lookups. To allow certain IPs to skip the spam check you must put them on the list of trusted hosts. This is probably not a good idea since this list is usually also used to allow e.g. relaying.

You can use the whitelisting features in SpamAssassin itself (see http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.2.x/doc/Mail_SpamAssas sin_Conf.html), but please note that you can't whitelist IP addresses with whitelist_from or whitelist_from_rcvd. Use trusted_networks instead. Config goes into local.cf. Restart Kerio Connect after making changes.

On a side note: the FM_FAKE_HELO_VERIZON rule probably shouldn't have triggered. This is the drawback of having an ancient SpamAssassin version with no obvious way to download an updated ruleset. The actual HELO/EHLO used by 206.46.173.7 is probably legitimate, but unknown to the SpamAssassin 3.2.5 rules used in Kerio Connect. Thus it triggers.
Previous Topic: Published Calendar Crash
Next Topic: outlook 2010 missing kerio ribbon
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Sep 25 08:17:49 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00378 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.