Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » WP7.5 Can't Sync Anymore
  •  
migsutu

Send a private message to this user
I had one of my users change their name. Followed the directions to do so with their account no problem. Changed Outlook on their computer, webmail works with the new change, everything is good. However on the users HTC Windows Phone 7.5, I can't get it to sync anymore. It had been working perfectly. Now when I try to setup the mobile outlook, it says it found the right settings, but I get the message, "Not updated We're having a problem syncing your information. Try again later. Error code: 85002012"

I have messed with all the settings. Changing the server to ip address, filling the domain, leaving it blank, having the username as the email or just sticking with the username. None of it makes a difference. I can have it give me different error messages, but nothing that works. Any idea on what I am doing wrong here?
  •  
migsutu

Update, I have tried syncing various accounts, so it isnt something specific to this users account.
  •  
migsutu

Another WP having the same error. I just added another user with a Windows Phone 7.5 (Samsung Focus Flash). Getting the same error 85002012. I have done a factory reset on the phone, and it still produces the same error when it tries to sync.

Any other thoughts? At this point from my point of view, WP seems to be broken with Kerio Sad
  •  
trifecta

I went through the same hurdles while settings up my Nokia 710 with Kerio. These are the steps I've done to rectify the issues.

1. delete the existing account on your phone
2. Remove the mobile devices profile in Kerio Connect Administrator

3. THIS STEP ONLY APPLY FOR SELF-SIGNED CERTIFICATE - Mail the Kerio certificate to your phone with .cer as the extension (just rename from .crt to .cer when exported from Kerio). Create a Gmail or Pop3 account on the phone with your secondary email account to receive the attachment
Open your email and click on the attachment. Windows phone with ask if you want to install the certificate, click on accept

4. This is the important part ... reboot your phone (turn if off then on)
5. Now you can install your Kerio mail account using ActiveDirectory settings.

It works for me after so many trial and errors when I first setup the Windows Phone 7.5

[Updated on: Mon, 26 March 2012 23:45]

•  
migsutu

I have tried doing the factory resest, then tried linking to Kerio with no luck. We have a public certificate too which I bought to avoid self signed issues.

It is so wierd, when 7.5 came out around November, I had several people jump on board, and everything syncronized without issue. Now I can't get it to sync for the life of me. I will update if I have any luck with different configurations. Again, I am open to ideas.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

Try to remove the device from user settings in Kerio Connect and then synchronize it again.
  •  
trifecta

Just login to update this missing step (should be step 2) on my post and Pavel had already beat me to it Smile

Thx Pavel,
  •  
migsutu

This WORKED!

I didn't even think about clearing it on the server side. I removed the device from both of their username, and bingo it worked like a charm. Our people are singing your praises!

A very warm and sincere thank you.

•  
trifecta

For me, after perfoming step 1 and 2, then immediately set up the mail account did not work so well. It was working at first, but then stopped synching about an hour later - I've tried it 4 times - until the step 4 was the one that permanently fixed the issue. It has been synching well for the last 3 days now.

•  
trifecta

I have a question for other Windows Phone 7.5 users.

Do you have any problems displaying inline bitmaps or download attachment from Kerio Connect on your phone?

On my phone, when I tapped on the picture holder or the attachment, it displayed 'Download Incomplete' on the status line then it disappeared. I can not download it again, since the pix holder or attachment was no longer there, even when I tapped on the 'Refresh' (manually refresh sync)

The phone is still syncing well.

[Updated on: Thu, 29 March 2012 03:34]

•  
mhensler

Thank you for posting the instructions. However, after trying the steps multiple times, I am still unable to re-access my e-mail on WP7 after a mail server update. I receive the message that "there is a problem with the certificate for kc.(domain).com. contact support person or your service provider.

I also get a microsoft error code 80072F0D which is related to the ssl certificate.

Any ideas on what I should try next?

Thank you.
Previous Topic: SMTP vs. SMTP Submission
Next Topic: Can't bind to LDAP ...Server err.code -1
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 24 05:19:51 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00551 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.