Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Uploading firmware issues with Polycom phones (Uploading firmware)
  •  
silars

Send a private message to this user
I'm trying to upload firmware for a Polycom phone. Web interface says it is successful. Even a PUT via TFTP client says it is successful.

Unfortunately, trying to retrieve the firmware is an issue. The phones are failing, as well as TFTP client GETs.

Packet traces are showing the TFTP server is responding with "File not found".

Is there a trick I'm missing? Where are these files going?
  •  
silars

As an update, upgraded to 1.2.1 to see if the behavior changes. Unfortunately, it appears the Firmware Upload process doesn't recognize Polycom phones anymore. You can manually provision one, but the dropdown under firmware upload doesn't list them anymore.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

The built-in TFTP server will accept a PUT command but will in fact throw all data away. New firmware files should be uploaded via the administration GUI. I will have the Polycom firmwares checked.

Vladimir
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

We had discovered a problem with Polycom firmwares and decided to disable the upload for Polycom in Operator 1.2.1. This change was left out of the change log by mistake. I will update this thread when the fix is available. Meanwhile, I propose that you update the firmware manually.

Vladimir
  •  
silars

Much thanks on the response. When do you expect Polycom support to return? One of the primary reasons we are looking at Operator was due to Polycom provisioning support. We aren't interested in separating our voip server and provisioning server.

I certainly wouldn't mind some more information on exactly how Operator is managing the firmware. For instance, I can try to upload the Polycom firmware and tell Operator it is Snom. It accepts it. What is it doing after that? I can't seem to find the firmware repository when SSH'ing into Operator either (/opt/kerio/operator/firmware is the closest I could find). Given how simple of a process this should be, I'm a little confused as to what is the complication.

Fortunately, everything else appears to be working quite well. We have resorted to configuring the SIP lines manually on the phones.

This is just a pilot project for us, so, if you want to throw Beta software at us, we'd be interested.

Also, is a more robust TFTP/Provisioning solution envisioned? The Polycom phones use the TFTP/Provisioning server for a few options. For those seeking more security, FTP would appreciated.

•  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

You can use auto-provisioning with Polycom phones even without the firmware upgrade or you can upgrade the phones manually (if they have some super-old firmware, for example).

Operator keeps firmware files in blobs in the configuration database. The TFTP server reads the files straight from the database.

Vladimir
  •  
silars

It appears Operator is unable to provision UC-enabled (4.0.1B) Polycom phones. Is this something you plan to add? What version of Polycom firmware is your target?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

So far, we have only tested Polycoms with version 3.* firmware.

Vladimir
Previous Topic: Filesystem error
Next Topic: buy new licenses
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Nov 24 14:15:26 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00426 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.