Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » quota exceeds actual storage (Problems with quota)
  •  
lelsrud

Send a private message to this user
Hi
One user of ours reached her quota limit. She then deleted several GB of mail, thinking this would solve her problem. But it didn't.
Her usage now exploded according to the qoutausagetab.

It says she uses 14.6GB, when actual storage used on the server is 8,7 GB.

I've re-indexed the users mailbox several times, I've upgraded kerio connect to the latest version, re-indexed again. And it still shows the same.

Does anybody have a clue as to what this is?

Thank you in advance for any help.
  •  
Kedar

Is it enabled message recovery policy for domain? In this case deleted or moved messages are saved in <username>/#deleted/ folder for time period you defined in webadministration, then will be automatically deleted. These messages are not included in user's quota, but they are still on the disk.

[Updated on: Fri, 16 March 2012 08:25]

•  
lelsrud

Hi.
That is not the problem, unfotunatelly. Thw quota shows 14GB used, while actual use on the harddrive is 8GB.
I've also checked the deleted folder, and its empty.
But thank you for your reply.
  •  
giobbi

I've hade this multiple times now.

Seems like a quota bug.

When user hits limit, then deletes A LOT OF MAIL AT ONCE, kerio goes bananas (or Apple Mail) and duplicates everything instead. You end up with a lot of dup gigs instead.

One user managed to get up to 150GB - had to delete the account and recreate it. no way to sort it out manually...

I've had this 4 times now.
  •  
GlennK

It sounds like the next step would be to replace the stats file for the user although I thought the 7.3 reindexing did that. When you replace it, you'll have to stop/start the server.
  •  
SiriusMac

I have seen this issue also (Connect 7.4.3) and Apple Mail under OS X 10.6.8. This user averaged around 6.6 GB of a 12 GB quota. He deleted, from Apple Mail, all messages older than January 1st of (whatever year), thus deleting about 6,000 emails at once. Shortly thereafter, I got the alert email that he was at 99% of quota. By the time I logged in, I saw he was using 17 GB of his 12 GB quota. A few minutes later, he was using 19 GB of 12 GB. By the time I got him stopped, he was using 37 GB of his 12 GB quota. The stats file was correct. a Get Info on his mail store confirmed the size. I found in his trash multiple copies of the SAME messages that contained very large attachments (20 MB per email, and each message was duplicated. I was able to, through webmail, delete his trash and get his account back to 6.6 GB of 12. AS soon as he launched Apple Mail again, the problem started all over. I finally deleted his `/Library/Mail folder and using Kerio Connect Config utility, reconfigured his Apple Mail, then had him delete email in smaller chunks.

Here is my theory: Apple Mail uses Exchange IMAP. IMAP keeps timing out, and then starting the sync of deleted messages back up to the server over again.
  •  
MacLab

I've seen this exact same problem SirusMac describes. In fact once time we had it happen so badly that Mail would not stop duplicating messages regardless of what we did. We had to recreate the account on the client end to cure it. The point is, however that we need something on the server end that cuts the client off.

MacLab, Inc.
Kerio Certified Partner, Reseller, Hosting Provider, Kerio Connect Certified.
http://maclaboratory.com
  •  
Mrelf

We see this issue from time to time. Deleting large amounts of messages makes the connection time out and duplactes the messages over and over. Apple mail running under 10.6.8 all the way up to 10.8.2.
Previous Topic: OSX Apple Addressbook synchronisation groups
Next Topic: Old messages filing users inboxes
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 04:07:26 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00419 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.