Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Voipfone.co.uk call routing problem (Call routing to DDI's is not working)
  •  
itek

Send a private message to this user
We are having issues with our new Kerio Operator PBX.

We are on the latest release of the O/S.

We have setup our SIP trunk to voipfone.net which successfully registers. As with most companies we have around 9 DDI's registered in this account. When setting the SIP trunk up we created the trunk while adding all DDI's in the phone number section of the trunk setup separate by comma's.

We have then setup a basic ring group that includes the receptionist extensions we want all call's on our main number to be directed too. Then we have directed each respective DDI to the internal extension numbers as necessary. Although we can call in and out of the system without problem the DDI call routing is not working and when we call one of the DDI's it simply rings all phones in the main incoming ring group. In essence we have no working call routing at all!

We also have a DDI that we have dedicated to dialling into a conference queue. When we direct this specific DDI to the conference queue on this system all other calls made into the system are all directed to the conference queue - it is basically taking over and grabbing all incoming calls, regardless of what number was dialled.

Can anyone help us with our issue? It would appear that voipfone.co.uk don't present the incoming number to the PBX properly and therefor the system can't direct the calls as necessary but we really need a way around this without needing to change our VoIP sip provider and porting all our numbers.

Thanks.

[Updated on: Mon, 19 March 2012 22:44]

•  
silars

I had a similar problem with Nextiva. My fix was to specify the use of the "To:" line instead of the INVITE Request line.

This is my thread on that topic:

http://forums.kerio.com/t/21550/call-routing-issue-with-sip- trunks/

Hope this helps as it does sound eerily similar.
  •  
itek

Hello,

Thanks or such a quick reply. I have already tried using the To field rather than the Invite and it makes no difference. This is what I though would resolve the issue also........it's very annoying!

Thanks
  •  
silars

A packet capture wouldn't hurt. You can use the built-in packet capture facility or another grabber like Wireshark. If you use the built-in facility, you'll still need a pcap decoder like Wireshark. I prefer to use Wireshark for the capture since it is real-time and has more advanced filtering.

Once I saw my captures, I immediately saw the problem.
  •  
silars

One other idea is to verify how they are sending the DDI/DID. What I've found is that if there is no match, the default is the first call routing option. So, if Voipfone is sending the DDI as 1xxxxxxxxxx and you have it entered for call routing as xxxxxxxxxx, you'll have this type of behavior. Obviously, any derivation of this concept also works.
  •  
alston

Not sure if you need to configure anything in call routing for your circumstances
I think you are receiving the calls made to "one incoming number" on some Quadro extension. Configure Many Extension Ringing on that extension adding all 12 extensions to ringing group and that's it.
As far as configuring the call routing for incoming calls is concerned then it is very similar to configuring it for outbound calls. The main difference is that the outbound calls always pass through call routing table for destination address resolution whereas the call originated outside of Quadro may bypass the call routing. For example, the inbound SIP calls try to connect directly to extension if the SIP user name of the inbound INVITE message matches with the extension's SIP user name. Otherwise, if there are no extensions with that user name then the call passes through call routing table for destination address resolution. If on "Call Routing" GUI page you enable the "Route all incoming SIP calls to Call Routing" then the inbound SIP calls will go directly to call routing table.
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi,

do you still need any help, or has the issue been already solved?

Filip
Previous Topic: Multiple night modes
Next Topic: Calls go on hold
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Oct 21 03:17:44 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00406 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.