Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » help - IMAP migration failing due to service not restarting
  •  
hepkat63

Send a private message to this user
Hi all,
I am trying to do an IMAP migration to our new Kerio Connect server, however it fails.

I have identified the issue. When the IMAP tool starts its migration, it attaches to the Kerio Connect Server and restarts (for whatever reason) the IMAP services. Whilst doing this - the service does not start as it says (according to error log) something else is listening on that port - which it is not.

To prove this - I logon to the Kerio Connect admin interface - open up services and right click on IMAP and select restart. It fails stating something else is probably listening on that port. I then right click IMAP service again - click 'start' and it starts.

I can confirm that there is nothing on that port at all.

I have tried:
changing IMAP listening to another port -same error
changing IMAP listening address from all to one IP - same error
changing mailserver.cfg IMAP section 'timeout' from 300 to 2400 - same error

It appears that the issue is that IMAP services is restarting TOO quickly - almost like it stops, but tries to start before itself has actually 'released' the port (if that makes sense).

My installation is a FRESH standalone Ubuntu 10.2 with all updates and latest Kerio Connect release.

I rang Kerio Technical support in Australia and they confirmed that this is a known issue on Linux boxes.

Surely, I can't be the only one this has happened too? Does anyone have a work around for this? I have 75 mailboxes to import !!
  •  
frim

Send a private message to this user
I'm having the same problem, I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 and Kerio Connect 7.4.1.

But I just re-run the KIMT program and started the IMAP-service manually. And now I'm just finished with a migration of 28 accounts and 250000+ mails without a problem.

But it is a strange error...

/Jakob

[Updated on: Thu, 07 June 2012 00:18]

Previous Topic: (FIXED)Unable to send/reply to emails from Webmail on a MAC
Next Topic: Kerio Administration Console
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Thu Aug 24 08:35:27 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00432 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.