Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » SIP Request retries with 1.2.1 (SIP Request retries)
  •  
silars

Send a private message to this user
All my phones (X-lite, Bria, and Polycoms) are apparently being forced to retry all SIP Requests (Registers, Subscribes). The first attempt is always unauthorized, and the second is OK'd.

I'm not seeing any real reason this should be occurring. The Requests appear to be exact copies.

Any bits I should try flipping to resolve this? Expected behavior?
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

Can you send me a packet dump that shows this to vtoncar at kerio dot com?

Vladimir
  •  
silars

I've sent the packet capture today. Let me know if you don't receive it.
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

The packet dump shows some '401 Unauthorized' responses but this is nothing to worry about. SIP uses the challenge-response method borrowed from HTTP to authenticate. The '401 Unauthorized' response is used to send the challenge string (in the WWW-Authenticate header). The client computes a hash based on the challenge string and its password and then repeats the SIP request, this time including the computed hash.

Vladimir

•  
silars

Understood.

I just didn't remember seeing that from the previous version. Also, the SIP connection to my provider doesn't have the same traffic pattern. I would have thought it would have been consistent.

I'll refresh myself on SIP authentication.

I do appreciate you looking at that capture. I just wanted to make sure something wasn't lurking in the configuration that will cause me problems farther down the road.

Thanks!
Previous Topic: Can't access Operator across subnets.
Next Topic: Multi Site and VLAN abilities
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Aug 23 23:27:18 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00456 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.