Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » MAC OSXServer 10.7.3 and Kerio 7.3.2 (Changed from windows server to Mac mini server)
  •  
DavidParkinson

Send a private message to this user
I really need some big help, never had a mac before but yesterday I took the big leap from WINDOWS server 2003 and bought a mac mini server which came with software 10.7.3, I installed Kerio 7.3.2 which took ages as it struggled recognising passwords however it did work last night, came to the Mac this morning kerio isn't working at all, I can't access the administration panel or the web mail and its like it never existed, I am a new mac user and pulling my hair out fast. your help would be very much appreciated as I'm losing emails. valuable emails.

David
  •  
DavidParkinson

Your a genius, the code worked perfectly, I also noticed that most of the services were not running in kerio, so I restarted all of them but the http and https would not restart, so I put the code in and they restarted, will I need to restart all the services when the computer re boots every time or will they all re-start automatically now?

A Major THANK YOU

Regards - David
  •  
jhtinc

I'd like to add to that - I've found that Lion Server also often will start Postfix in the background as well and then fail to keep it going. When that happens, you wind up having the SMTP services stopped (only on 25 and 587, not on 465 for some reason) in Connect a few seconds after the server starts. Manually restarting the SMTP services works fine, but a permanent fix can be done by modifying the instructions in the references KB article and using this command:

sudo launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.postfix.master.plist

This will disable the Postfix service. As a bonus, your system logs won't be filled with attempts to load it every 10 seconds.
  •  
MacPhisto

As I'm not to happy to loose all the services Apple is providing over web, I found this solution.
Im not sure if my solution is stabile or if apples SU is going to override it, but for me it works for now...

start terminal
1. sudo su
2. pico /private/etc/apache2/sites/virtual_host_global.conf

edit:
Listen *:443
NameVirtualHost *:443
Listen *:80
NameVirtualHost *:80

to:
Listen *:444
NameVirtualHost *:444
Listen *:80
NameVirtualHost *:80

ctrl x and Yes to save

**reboot**

apache is no listening on 444 and not the 443 port after reboot.
Please comment if this solution has any drawbacks!!
  •  
My IT Indy

Keep in mind as of 10.7.2 when I last played with this that Apache will overwrite any custom .conf files you edited manually if you enable webDAV filesharing.

-
My IT Indy
Kerio Certified Reseller and Hosted Provider
http://www.myitindy.com
  •  
MacPhisto

HoosierMac wrote on Tue, 03 July 2012 12:51
Keep in mind as of 10.7.2 when I last played with this that Apache will overwrite any custom .conf files you edited manually if you enable webDAV filesharing.

Have no need for the webDAC file protocol just yet, and for now its giving me peace. Pleases God let Apples development team slumber some time!
Previous Topic: Can distribution lists be expanded/user visible via webmail client or KOFF?
Next Topic: Outbound SMTP options for routing individual domains
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sat Nov 18 15:19:05 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00459 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.