Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Order of Mail-Filters changes when modifying Out-Of-Office settings
  •  
bflachsbart

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

I have a problem with custom Mail-Filters in Kerio Connect.
We are using version 7.3.1 patch 2 on a Linux platform.

I had the need to supress Out-Of-Office notifications under certain circumstances: When a user receives a mail by his membership in an e-mail group I don't want any Out-Of-Office Notification to be sent. The reason is, that our customers get confused when they send an e-mail to a group adress (e.g. order<_at_>mydomain.com) and get Out-Of-Office Notifications from a real user, because in that case they are unsure if their mail was properly delivered.

In order to achieve this, I've set up a user defined Mail-Filter for each group member (let's call it "Out-Of-Office-Exception"). The filter ist defined in a way that it cancels filter processing when the "To: Adress" matches the e-mail group.
Quite naturally this only works as expected, when the "Out-Of-Office-Exception" rule is above the system rule "Out-Of-Office" an it is processed first.

And now to the problem:
Whenever a user changes his "Out-Of-Office" settings, e.g. setting a new time range or modifying the text, the order of the filter rules is messed up: my custom filter changes it's position by itself, so that it get's located beneath the system rule "Out-Of-Office". Therefore the filter doesn't work anymore as intended, when the user modifies his "Out-Of-Office" settings.

I tried renaming my custom filter, but apparently neither the alphabetic naming is relevant nor can the user defined order of the filters be kept persistent.

Any ideas how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance,
Bernd

•  
beatle20359

Same issue here. A restart of the server or an update causes the rules to change the order. It's not limited to Linux, also happens with OSX and Windows.

I've logged a fault with Kerio on this so hopefully it'll get fixed or we'll be given the option to set rules across all users in the future.

Thanks
Beatle
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It is not a bug. Out of office filter rule is supposed to be always on second place. No exceptions. If you want to create your own or make a more sophisticated configuration you need to create a new auto reply mail filter rule and do not use GUI for Out Of Office setting. The GUI always saves/enables the rule on second position.
  •  
beatle20359

Up until version 7.3 the order of rules was consistent and didn't change after updates or restarts since 7.3 this has been an issue. There's not much point having an arrow to move it up or down if it's always supposed to be 2nd.

When you have 300 users across 3 servers with varying domain names having an all staff group becomes quite tedious unless you can have a rule that filters OOO replies which is what we used to have. Yes there is the option of a mailing list but that doesn't always fit in.

So it would be great if this got changed back or allowing a filter to take priority across all staff was added as a feature.

Beatle

[Updated on: Fri, 23 March 2012 17:24]

Previous Topic: Flags on shared accounts
Next Topic: Blackberry Calendar Sync Issue
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Sep 22 20:58:19 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00392 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.