Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Free Busy didn't work with activated SSL
  •  
asieber

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

we are running Connect 7.3.2. We have about 20 PCs with Outlook 2003 SP3 and Koff. Most PCs are running Windows 7 with 32- and 64bit. On about ten PCs, the free/busy won't show any entries of other Kerio Connect users.

We are running an official SSL certificate and the Koff connection was done with the URL like https://kerio.domainxy.de
Using the Internet Explorer with that URL will not show any certificate messages.

The Kerio support told me, that this problem must be a locale problem of the pc, because the free/busy communication was handled between Outlook and the Connect server without using the Koff.

It doesn't make any difference if I import that certificate or not.

I have no idea to solve that problem.

Andreas
  •  
Jaromir Obr (Kerio)

Hello,

does work free/busy when you are connecting over HTTP ?
If you get an empty free/busy and you get no error, you can try to reset free/busy on those stations using a command "outlook.exe /cleanfreebusy"

Regards

Jaromir Obr
Senior Tester
Kerio Technologies
  •  
asieber

Hello,

yes, with HTTP it works. I've used the 'outlook.exe /cleanfreebusy' on different PCs without any success.

regards,
Andreas
  •  
Jaromir Obr (Kerio)

Could you test it with native Outlook ? Thus you can find out if the issue is caused by KOFF or by Outlook/client's OS.

First, check if you have a correct URL in free busy settings (https://kerio.domainxy.de:443/freebusy/%SERVER%/%NAME%) in the KOFF profile.

Then create a new profile with IMAP account (use the same account as for KOFF) and look into free/busy settings. Set the same URL as for KOFF. Then try to get free/busy for it.

Regards

Jaromir Obr
Senior Tester
Kerio Technologies
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

If your SSL certificate is configured to use Certificate Revocation List (CRL) then make sure the URL in the certificate is correct, accessible and that CRL from your certification authority is correct.
  •  
asieber

Hello,

I'll try this next week. One of the 'problöem' pcs is a pc of a member of the IT department. So I can test it without any problems.

Have a nice weekend,
Andreas
  •  
asieber

Hello,

our certificate is ok. We use that for the connection from different mobile fonts, from different browsers and from different outlook 2003/2010 clients.

We made following tests/checks:
- free/busy URL ist set like (https://kerio.domainxy.de:443/freebusy/%SERVER%/%NAME%)
- we installed the certificate manually into different certificate stores.
- we created an IMAP account and we set the free/busy URL correct, but the same result.
- We uninstalled the ms pacthes kb2583910 and kb2585542.

On about 40% of the pcs, the free/busy is running without any problem. On one XP Pro with outlook 2003 it works and on other XP Pro with outlook 2003 is doesn't work.
  •  
Jaromir Obr (Kerio)

Hi,

are you able to download free/busy info in IE ?
Go to this URL:
https://kerio.domainxy.de:443/freebusy/your_domain/user_you_ find_fb

ICS file should be downloaded if it works well.

Regards

Jaromir Obr
Senior Tester
Kerio Technologies
  •  
asieber

Hello,

using this URL works perfect. I can download the .ics files without any problem on the pcs, where the Outlook free/busy will not work.

Andreas
  •  
Jaromir Obr (Kerio)

Well, it's an issue in Outlook only.
What about antivirus (integration with Outlook) or any Outlook add-ins ? Could they cause it ?

Regards

Jaromir Obr
Senior Tester
Kerio Technologies
  •  
asieber

Hello,

I made some additional tests.
Creating and activating a self signed certificate on Connect. Import that certificate on the XP workstation. Free/busy works perfect.

2. Using the official Starfield Technologie certificate -> will not work. This certificate will work only with an intermediate certificate. The intermediate certificate was stored in SSLCA.

3. I ordered a Verisign 30 days test certificate. I've installed the root certificate on the XP. The intermediate certificate is stored in SSLCA -> free/busy will not work.

Some clients have problems with the certificates from Starfield and the test certificate from Verisign. The IE will not popup any certificate warning message.

Andreas
  •  
asieber

Hello,

the problem is solved. It was a problem of the internet security gateway.
Outlook will use a specific way to check the validation of the certificate. The internet security gateway has detected that data stream as 'Microsoft Crypto API - client activity'. This traffic was blocked by the 'Application control' module.
After remove that signature from the application control menu, the free/busy function works as expected.

Andreas
Previous Topic: Mailinglist translation
Next Topic: Task Updates
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 17:09:45 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00549 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.