Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Blackberry Calendar Sync Issue (Connector Specific Error)
  •  
lsweeney

Send a private message to this user
I have three calendars setup on my blackberry:

My email address from work which is running Kerio,
my personal email address running an ATT/Yahoo account which doesn't really have a calendar,
and the default calendar which is where I key calendar items directly into my blackberry.

I am not syncing my calendar at work with either the Blackberry Desktop software or Kerio. I merely send invites to myself, and accept them on my blackberry, or calendar invites that have been sent by others to my work email address, I accept on my blackberry calendar.

I am not using BES or BES express, simply IMAP and the blackberry BIS system.

At home, I would like to sync my calendar with my home computer which is running Outlook 2010.

I'm receiving a Connector Specific Error on only the Calendar items, and after it reads all of the calendar items on the Blackberry, it bombs with "Connector Specific Error".

I have performed all of the suggested knowledgebase troubleshooting, where it dumps diagnostics to the logs, and it is not erroring on a specific record. It counts through all of the calendar records, and then errors.

My support ticket has been bumped to their best support analyst.

I mentioned that I was running Kerio at work, and he has now seized on this as the reason that I'm receiving this error. His response is below. Is there anything in the Kerio updates that reference issues with Kerio's Blackberry connector that relate to my problem given my simple setup above?

Blackberry's response:

Hi Laurie,

I hope this finds you very well, I do have some updates for you.

There is are many details to go along with this however, to make a long story short, I think your theory is correct about the Kerio Connector, I have done a lot of research and found others had issues with syncing BlackBerry Handhelds along with the supporting BES servers.

It appears there are at least two separate issues that may be effecting you. It looks like there was an update provided my Microsoft back in january that took place per Kerio's webpage and Knowledge Base articles:

From: Anonymous ยป Wed, 11 January 2012 23:32 [message #86112]

"Recent Microsoft Windows update KB2585542 (released on Tuesday, January 10, 2012) changes the winhttp.dll system library which is used by Kerio Outlook Connector (Offline Edition). The update changes the data flow in a network communication over TLS (SSL) secured connection used in HTTPS communication of Kerio Outlook Connector with Kerio Connect server. This change is not compatible with Kerio Connect server."

Q: Does it affect Kerio Connector for blackberry?
A: Yes, this problem affects also Kerio Connector for blackberry. The solution (or workaround) is the same as for Kerio Outlook Connector. Preferred solution is upgrade of Kerio Connector for blackberry and Kerio Connect to version 7.3.1 patch 2.

Q: What Kerio Outlook Connector versions are affected?
A: Affected are all Kerio Outlook Connector versions on Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 with installed KB2585542 update.

Q: I don't use SSL. Do I need to install Kerio Connect 7.3.1 patch 2?
A: No. If you don't use SSL (HTTPS) for synchronization of Kerio Outlook Connector with Kerio Connect server then there is no requirement for installing the patch.

Previous Topic: Order of Mail-Filters changes when modifying Out-Of-Office settings
Next Topic: kerio-api-php login error ?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Tue Sep 19 15:29:16 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00380 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.