Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Very high cpu usage - Problem with CardDAV DB??
  •  
The Gerald

Send a private message to this user
Hello,

One of our customers run Kerio Connect 7.3.2 (Build 6388) on a MacOS X Server 10.6.8 (Build 10K549) with all Apple Software Updates. The Machine has a 2.53GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 4GByte of RAM. The mailstore is located on the internal Soft-RAID with two 500GByte harddrives. The RAID status is fine.

On the client side we using Apple Mail+iCal+Addresbook and Office 2008+2010+2011.
And we have 60 active users.
We use Public Folders for contacts, calendars and mail, and of course delegations of them.

Permanently the mailserver uses up to 170% CPU. So I've spend some time to isolate the problem.
Very often the ".carddav.db.bak" and "".carddav.db.bak-journaled" is rebuilding by the mailserver. I think its about every 3-5 minutes.

We cannot stop or restart the mailserver using the Systempreference pane "Kerio Connect Monitor". We have to force shut down the process with the "Activity Monitor" or command line, like "kill <PID>".
When the mailserver comes up again, the rebuild of ".carddav.db.bak" continued.

Some user reported, that they cannot sync their contacts via Apple Addressbook, Entourage or Outlook. In Webmail the listing of contacts takes a very long time, sometimes it will never show anything.
Earlier today I try to remove 28 contacts from an account. The whole process took 30 minutes. The user has not more than 60 contacts.

Kerio Support said it looks like the EWS Protocoll is the problems. But if we restart the mail server or the whole machine in the night, the same problem occurs again. Even if nobody is logged on.

On Google so far I've found nothing useful. Also in the debug log I've found nothing useful.

Does anyone know why all this happens and how can we stop it?
Does anyone know the problem?

I'm shortly to remove all the .fld-Files, .carddav.db and .caldav.db and let the mailserver recreate them.

Thank you for any comment!

Regards, The Gerald Smile
  •  
mickwire

I am having a similar high cpu problem with 7.2.3. Server is on CentOS6 with 4 cores and 45 users.. I have opened a support ticket and will report back here with anything I find out.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 March 2012 00:32]

•  
intermac_bw

Same issue here, server is 7.3.2 build 6388 on a Apple Xserve, 160 users
CPU runs sky high on all cores, events are not synchronized, sometimes mail does not arrive in the inbox of the user.

•  
benjalamelami

Same here... its been until recently that mailserver.exe process is running high on the CPU usage on all cores.

I dont know why.... any updates in this matter?
  •  
The Gerald

We 'solved' the problem by searching and identifying faulty vCards in the mailserver store in every user folder.

I think the vCards are damaged when a user uses more than one device with different connection speed, e.g. four or five devices with 3G, LTE & WLAN/CableNetwork, like me. Wink Which is normal in my opinion.
  •  
hberm001

The Gerald wrote on Mon, 07 January 2013 17:18
We 'solved' the problem by searching and identifying faulty vCards in the mailserver store in every user folder.

I think the vCards are damaged when a user uses more than one device with different connection speed, e.g. four or five devices with 3G, LTE & WLAN/CableNetwork, like me. Wink Which is normal in my opinion.

How did you identify those vCards that were faulty?
  •  
The Gerald

In Webmail we take a look in every single contact. Compared and deleted the duplicate entries. We also set some Category information in the contacts.
Previous Topic: Connect 8 slow public folders
Next Topic: Using alias to deliver to several mailadresses?
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Mon Oct 16 23:56:06 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00484 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.