Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Authentication problem from MAC OS X Clients
  •  
kaspin

Send a private message to this user
Ever since we moved from Open Directory to Active Directory, some of our MAC OS X users randomly get prompted for their passwords when working in Outlook 2011 connected to Kerio. We have Kerio Connect 7.3.1 running on MAC 10.6.8 with a Windows 2008 Active Directory. The MAC users can go days without getting any password prompt but then randomly get the message, The SMTP server "xxxxxx" rejected the password for user "jdoe". The user enters the password and it accepts with no problem and can go several more days with no issue. When that message does appear, there is a record in the log, SMTP: Invalid password for user jdoe<_at_>xxxxx.com. Attempt from IP address 192.168.168.102

Can anyone help me shed some light on this issue? Is it a problem with Kerio failing to connect to AD at random times?

Thank you
  •  
kaspin

1239 views and no replies? come on now
  •  
hpralow

Similar problem here, on some Macs ( 10.6.8 ) Outlook randomly requires password entry when sending mail
although the user has been logged in for hours.
The KMS Server logs repeatedly show something like

Cannot copy authorization rights for user zzzzzzz.zzzzzz. The authorization was denied. Code -60005

Restarting Outlook usually fixes the problem for some time.

I haven't had the time to investigate the problem yet
  •  
kaspin

I resolved the situation by migrating everything to MS Exchange 2010.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

It could be probably easily solved after enabling debug log for authentication.
  •  
Pavel Dobry (Kerio)

hpralow wrote on Thu, 19 July 2012 15:30
Similar problem here, on some Macs ( 10.6.8 ) Outlook randomly requires password entry when sending mail
although the user has been logged in for hours.
The KMS Server logs repeatedly show something like

Cannot copy authorization rights for user zzzzzzz.zzzzzz. The authorization was denied. Code -60005

Restarting Outlook usually fixes the problem for some time.

I haven't had the time to investigate the problem yet

I recommend to use Kerberos authentication instead of Password Server.
Previous Topic: Update 7.2.4 build 5419 to latest version?
Next Topic: Resource Calendaring Occurrence Editing
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Fri Aug 18 06:59:26 CEST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00382 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.