Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Can't access Operator across subnets. (Cannot connect to Operator when on seperate lan segment.)
  •  
Fyllm

Send a private message to this user
The description says it all. I have Kerio Operator and the provisioned phones on a separate LAN segment then our regular network. No matter what I do I can't seem to connect to Operator across subnets to configure it. I can't ping it and traceroute stops at the router too. I thought maybe my routing setup was borked, but I can get access to the IP phones just fine along with a test system I setup on the other segment as well. I have the firewall for the Operator Web Server set to accept traffic from anywhere but that doesn't seem to matter. The router between the two segments is also set to allow all traffic both ways.

The box I have Operator running on does have two NICs; one to connect to the private LAN segment and the other too connect to the provider. Both are configured with static IP addresses (one public and one private respectively). The card attached to the provider is configured as the default gateway. I dunno if this matters as I've tried switching the default gateway to the router on the private side with no luck. I should note that I can get access to the box on its public IP just fine as well.

Any ideas out there? Confused

::EDIT:: On a lark I decided to let Kerio Operator get a static address assigned from the DHCP server I'm running on its LAN segment. Surprisingly once I did I could access it across subnets but then none of my phones would dial out so I had to revert back to my original config. I think it might be a gateway setting issue after all but I'll be danged if I know how to get it to route correctly.

[Updated on: Wed, 28 March 2012 06:28]

•  
Jakub Viták (Kerio)

Hello Philip.

Please see link bellow for how to set static routes in Operator.
http://forums.kerio.com/mv/msg/21367/87017/#msg_87017

Static routes will be supported directly in administration from Operator 2.0.0.

Please also check in Definitions > Ip Address Groups if you have correct local ranges.
All your local networks should be defined there.

Regards, Jakub Viták
  •  
silars

It does sound like your only option is to install static routes.

DHCP shouldn't behave any differently than setting your default gateway to the private side, though. However, this is a fruitless endeavor, since it won't fix your problem.

I'd wager your SIP provider is authenticating you by IP. So, you have to present two faces. One to the internal phones, and one to the provider. If you choose the provider face, you'll lose the phones. If you choose the phone face, the phones will work, but you won't be able to dial out.

The only hope in this situation is static routes.
  •  
Fyllm

Yay! It works! Thanks guys. Smile

Out of curiosity Jakub, what is the timeline on a 2.0 release? Being able to set this permanently across updates would be nice.

Also, you are correct silars. I have Bandwidth.com which uses IP auth. (Along with E.164 dialing format which is a bit of a pain to configure for...)
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

We release major versions twice a year, in January and July. The final version of 2.0 should be available in July.

Vladimir
Previous Topic: Connect Cisco 7961 IPphone
Next Topic: SIP Request retries with 1.2.1
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Wed Nov 22 23:04:40 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00371 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.