Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Connect » Is it possible to disable NDR's? (disable NDR)
  •  
gameover

Send a private message to this user
Hi,

Is it possible to disable NDR's (Non-Delivery Reports) for Kerio Connect? (Latest version, 7.3.2)

Because all the spammers now mail at non-existent addresses at domains, I just want to drop those emails. (If someone get's a email address wrong, that's bad luck then.)

Just as I drop spam messages and I don't want my mail server to reply that it has been dropped, I don't want Kerio to reply when it doesn't accept a Email because the user doesn't exist.

[Updated on: Fri, 30 March 2012 16:14]

•  
GlennK

I don't believe that's possible, at least not in the admin interface. It would be a good feature to be enabled by domain. CommuniGate allows this. In certain circumstances you would really want to do this such as when passing mail through from one kerio server to another or you'll end up with backscatter and be blacklisted. Suggest it as a feature.

Maybe it is possible globally in the config file?
  •  
TorW

Kerio Connect does not generate NDRs when it rejects mail to an unknown user. I.e. it rejects the SMTP session before it accepts the mail, but this only generates a 55x error at the sending side. What the sending side (the actual sender's MTA, an upstream gateway or what have you) does with the reject isn't controllable by Kerio Connect. If you get your mail from an SMTP gateway or another mailserver, do your rejects there.

Dropping mail silently, if it can't be delivered, will break the mail system in many interesting ways. What are you for example supposed to do with legitimate messages timing out in the inbound message queue because the recipient's mailbox was full?
  •  
GlennK

That makes sense.
Previous Topic: Outlook 2011 - Remove "FROM account" when creating new email
Next Topic: Kerio Connect 7.3.2 webmail crash
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Nov 19 04:03:13 CET 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00447 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.