Connect. Communicate. Collaborate. Securely.

Home » Kerio User Forums » Kerio Operator » Auto-attendant Scripting Help
  •  
Fyllm

Send a private message to this user
So I have a client who is out of the office at certain times during the day and wants the message on their phone-tree to change to reflect this. So far I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out how to go about doing this with the way time-conditions work in Operator. Wondering if any of you guys could give me some ideas?

It basically breaks down to four circumstances.

1) Message for regular office hours.

2) Message for lunch break.

3) Message for Holidays.

4) Message for after-hours/regular closed time.

I've tried looking around on the net for examples to go by, but so far have only found the basic example Kerio provides which isn't that helpful for this kind of setup. I'm starting to wonder if this is even possible based on the way auto-attendant appears to function... Sad
  •  
Vladimir Toncar (Kerio)

Hi,

The time conditions in Operator's auto attendant editor are in fact if-else blocks. In this case, you need to choose the right order. I would first create time intervals for each of the time conditions and then go for the following (I use dots for indentation) :

If Holidays
.. Holidays message
Else
.. If Regular hours
.. .. If Lunch break
.. .. .. Lunch message
.. .. Else
.. .. .. Regular message
.. .. .. Actions
.. Else
.. .. After-hours message

Vladimir
  •  
Fyllm

Hi Vladimir,

Your layout makes sense, but I'm still having trouble figuring out how to breakout into another IF statement after the initial ELSE using the GUI without somehow converting my sub-menus in some weird way. For reference, this is what my script looks like so far:

./fa/2508/0/

As you can see I have one main menu that asks the caller if they want English or Spanish voice prompts and then two sub-menu's that are the same except for the language announcements used. My plan is to always ask the caller if they want English or Spanish and then after they select their language play a different announcement depending on the time of day. Frankly the only thing that really has to change is the voice-over, as I would like the caller to always be able to press a number to get to the corresponding extension so they can at least leave a voice mail there.

Any thoughts on where I'm going wrong?

•  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi!

I got an idea which might help you a bit. Why don't you create two IVR trees? One with language selection and time conditions and a second one with extension numbers. Moreover, you can create three IVR trees (language/time, english, spanish).

Filip
  •  
Fyllm

Hey Filip,

Getting back from vacation here. The multiple tree setup worked well. It was a bit awkward to implement at first, but works transparently handing off between attendant extensions which was an initial concern of mine. In subsequent versions of Operator I would like to suggest the ability to have conditional announcements you could setup. It would save having to have redundant scripts if only your voice announcement changes depending on the date/time while dialing options stay the same. Also a way to copy and paste scripts would be great too!

Thanks,

Phil
  •  
Roy Batty

Hi,

I testing Operator to replace our VERY old Norstar system Smile

i Make similar auto attendant script as Fyllm posted, my only question is this:

My auto attendant message is like this : Hi welcome to x company, to continue in English please press 9.

then after that message continue in english, but my default system is configured in French. so if after the incoming call select 9 for English and select extension 225, then user are busy nor don't answer
the voicebox answer in French option!

I don't figure out the way to resolve that!

Regards,

-Roy
  •  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

In the administration go to the Voicemail configuration. For the "greeting message" option choose "busy/unavailable message". Then make sure you log into the voicemail of the user assigned to extension 225 and setup an unavailable message in English.

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
Roy Batty

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your quick answer!

I may fail to elaborate more...

i have already installed additional language in Advance OPTION -> General ->PBX language uploaded (French pack) from http://downloads.asterisk.org

Then, i select French Language as default phones language in Advance OPTION -> General -> Localization.

On our old Norstar PBX when customer call they have to choice when greeting message play if they don't press 9 the system continue to serve all in French,
What i means is if the customer want to reach someone by example ext 225 and that person is unavailable to answer then voicemail come and they have greeting message in both language but the option of voicemail still in French by example Press # to send message or press * to return to main menu or press 0 to get operator.

So i want to have the same when customer select 9 to be served in English, so when customer select 9 in greeting message the PBX Language are in English if the customer don't press 9 The PBX system remain in french as default system!

The only place i see in Operator that can able to do that in in the Call Queues section but this is not very reliable to make Call Queues replace auto attendant !

I hope i describe more deeply my problem !

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

-Roy

[Updated on: Thu, 28 July 2016 20:51]

•  
Brian Carmichael (Kerio)

If you set the greeting message to "busy/unavailable message" it disables the automated instructions that are in French. So the only greeting will be a custom greeting that should be created by the person associated with extension 225 (from your example). If the user doesn't create a custom greeting, then it will use the systems default greeting in French.

Brian Carmichael
Senior Technical Marketing Engineer | Kerio
Stay Connected Anytime, Anywhere. Discover Kerio Cloud!
  •  
Filip Jenicek (Kerio)

Hi Roy,

by default Kerio Operator uses the language configured on "Advanced Options" => "General" => "Default phone language".

If a call is coming in from an external interface, the language can be overridden in "Edit External Interface" => "Phone language". This allows you to have some DID numbers dedicated to certain languages.

It is currently not possible to change the language of an established call (using for example an Auto Attendant Script).

Filip

Previous Topic: [SOLVED]URL dial with browser
Next Topic: bad sound quality
Goto Forum:

Disclaimer:
Kerio discussion forums are intended for open communication between forum members and may contain information and material posted by members which may be useful in learning about Kerio products. The discussion forums are not intended to provide technical support for any specific product. Any information implied or expressed in the discussion forums is that of the posting member. Kerio is in no way responsible for the information posted in the forums, or its accuracy. Kerio employees may participate in the discussions, but their postings do not represent an offical position of the company on any issues raised or discussed. Kerio reserves the right to monitor and maintain the forums to promote free and accurate exchange of information.

Current Time: Sun Dec 11 10:58:15 CET 2016

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01192 seconds
.:: Contact :: Home ::.